Chapter Five

Chloe's POV:

As I sat there, my hands trembled so much that the girl's body began to tremble.
Her hair was stained with blood and clung to her body. She was staring at me with an emotionless face like a statue.
I was out of breath. I was short of breath. Although I was holding my dead body in my hands, I felt like I was dying, because no matter how hard I tried, I wouldn't breathe. I could not.
Whispers began to echoed in the bathroom. Whispers that made me feel this was my real ending.
You died.

She killed you.

It's nice that you're gone!

Whispers. All I could hear was them. Oh,no , wait,...,now I could hear myself, crying loudly with my dead body sat right in front of me.Drowned in blood.

"Who done this to me?" I began to speak with crying and painfully voice.I knew they could hear me. because now, I was one of them. a ghost.
When heard nothing but the echo of my cries , I asked again. "I said who did this?" I cried even more.

She. The Queen of powers.

Whispers answered. "W-wha_at?"my voice came out of my throat, that now , was so dry and it burned bad , because of my cries.

"Chloe, what's going on, open this door." I heard a voice from outside of bathroom. anyone who was behind the door , was banging the door so hard.
It took me several seconds to realized the voice. Derek. begging me to open the door for him.
How painful it was. In a second , he will come in and see his dead girlfriend's body. With blood everywhere.
Was this really my ending of life? I was sure of it. I accepted that.

"I wish I could open door for you and kiss you ,one last time." I said. knowing he couldn't hear me. I was Desperate knowing, he would never hear me again, touch me again,  kiss my lips again...and I was no longer able to talk to him.
Tears began to flow from my eyes again. So this was how dying felt.

"What do you mean "for the last time"?" He said. Then continued,"Chloe open this door now or I will break it."
My face lit up like a candle."wait , what? You can hear me??"I said in a voice full of hope.
"Oh , God , what do you mean? Ofcourse I can hear you. I think you watch too many horror movies,Chloe."

I cried again. "I'm not dead."

"Dead?! What are you talking about? Chloe you're scarying me. Open the door."

"I-I C-cant."My stuttering was back.

"Okay,  I'm coming in , and I don't care if you're dressed or not!"Derek said, apparently knocking on the door with the back of his arm.

I quickly covered myself with my hands.

The door opened fast. He wasn't kidding when he said he was going to broke the door.
Derek came in and saw me sitting naked on the cold ground, covering myself with my hands.
I was trembling like the leaves of autumn trees and I was hiccuping from the intensity of crying.

His emerald eyes went wide and shocked as he saw me. It was as if he had really seen my dead body.

I began to cry again and again. I was covering myself and shaking because of the cold air that came from the outside. I looked at him, and thought I have to explained to him.

"I-I-I s-saw....D-Dead-d..." I started talking. But like before I was out of any breath.

Quickly , he took a towel from my closet and spread it on me.

"Shhh....I'm here. Don't worry. I'm here. You're safe." He hugged me tight , breathing my hairs and cuddling them. As he kissed my forehead and whisper and repeated this sentence "don't cry, I'm here." My soul calmed down.
I could finally breathe. I could hear my heart pounding... again.
He.... saved my life,  one more time.

****************
Derek helped me get dressed and sat on my bed. I explained everything that I saw , to him.
The weirdest part was , the girl's dead body , which it was my dead body , was gone , when he came into bathroom. But the blood was there and all over my body. The towel that he brought for me was bloody.
I saw myself in the mirror. My face was pale and my lips that before was naturally pink-red , now was out of any color. My hairs was so disordered.
And The dried tears on my face left lines on my face.
"It's okay. It was just..." he paused.
"One Of those dead scene that I saw when someone died before in that place. Like the one that I saw in the forest while you were changing and we were on the run from Edison group?"My voice and my face was emotionless.

"Which means , I'm going to be dead soon or late , Derek."I continued.

"No , don't say that. You're going to be fine."

I took a deep breath and leaned my head on his shoulders. Every worries that I had , went away.

"Nothing is going to happen to you as long as I'm here with you. As long as I'm here to save you." He whispered in my ears.

"I know."I smiled tiredly and sadly. I knew I'm safe with him and I knew it was true. I just noticed that if I was going to be dead,  there was no one that would change that.
I looked around and noticed no one was in the house." Where's the others?"

"They're at the bonfire party." He said . He putted his point finger under my chin and raised my face up. "I stayed and waited for you. I wanted to go with you. But then I heard your scream."

"Oh." I said , but I couldn't help it. I had to said it ."Derek,what if___" I said , but before I could complete my sentence he said" what if nothing! As I said, nothing is going to happen. This thing happened,  because,  you were so deeply into what your mother told you. And your brain imagined all those things. That's it."

"Then I think I should stay here and don't go to the party." I said with disappointed voice. I knew he wouldn't let me go.

"Why not? Everyone is waiting for you. If you don't get there, they certainly going to be worry about you. " he said , like he was serious.

"Okay , nice joke to cheer me up , but I'm not in the mood for joking now."He could read from my face that I didn't believe him at all.

"I'm not joking, Chloe. I want you to erase everything from your mind. So this party is a good excuse." He said and got up from my bed.
I really wanted to go there but I was sure he wouldn't let me. And now that he said we can go, my face looked a like five years old kid who got a present for Christmas.
"Can I change first? I look like a zombie." I said.

"You don't look like a zombie. But yeah you can , I'm waiting for you downstairs.

"Thanks , Derek." I smiled at him. He really knows how to cheer me up.

He kissed my forehead and left the room.

Honestly, I was afraid to come down of my bed and get dressed. But I did it anyway.
Since Rea, Tori, and Maya and I had about four hours to decide on tonight's party dress, it was really nerve-wracking if I didn't go to the party. I was sure Tori would kill me.
Not that I cared at all what clothes I wear and what color suits me best, because I knew that even if it was very important to me to look beautiful, I couldn't beautify myself. I had no talent in this job, although I really wanted to have it. Tori has. But I tried my best , because, who doesn't want to look good in front of her boyfriend?

Oh my God! I really said that? I can't believe my words!
Whatever. I just try.