Chapter Twelve

Chloe's POV:

After school we all went to the coffeeshop near our school to get to know my sweet cousin, James. He was so sweet, lovely and friendly. Everyone was laughing at his jokes and his embarrassing memories of me whe we were kid. Imagine how I looked like in that moment. I was sure that Steam was coming out of my ears from angriness.

"Oh I'm sorry Chloe, I didn't mean to make you feel embarrassed." James said as he saw my red angry face.

Oh really!? Because you just did! A familiar voice that was my inner voice echoed in my head.

Everyone's head turned on me. They all gave me a look that said, oh,come on! It was just a memory.

Knowing arguing was what exactly James wanted, I quickly waved all my angriness away, and said,"no,actually I was enjoying it. The fun part don't come yet,just listen." I tried to speak sweetly and don't show my anger.

James smiled at me and continued over his stupid memories about me that how was my first day at school and how all the students laughed at me because of my funny dreams.

I tried my best not to punch him in the face. I was just playing with my cake and looked down at my lap ,Not paying any attention to him. Although, all of my friends were laughing. I thought I told them not to trust him. Guess all that time I was talking to myself.

"Chloe?Hello?!" I jerked my head up to see Maya standing right in front of me. Her face was shouting 'what the hell is wrong with you?!' . I looked over and saw that all the coffeeshop was empty. Even the workers were gone.

"What the hell?" I asked with horror, because just then I realized that it was night and everywhere was dark.

"I'm the one that should ask that. You've been acting so weird all the day." She sat beside me and continued, " you fell asleep when we were talking to James. I wanted to wake you,but James said you're waiting for someone."

HE DID WHAT?!?!?

"Oh seriously? Maya he lied! Okay,his evil pranks starts right when he put a step in to this fucking place." I dropped my face in my hands.

"Wait, you weren't waiting for someone?" She asked.

"NO!"I almost yelled at her. I stood up and walked past the door angrily. Maya ran after me. I looked at my watch and saw it was 8 PM.

"Maybe he really thought you were waiting for someone. Don't be angry at him,you don't know he did it on purpose or not." I turned. I was frozen in where I stood.

Did she actually defend him???

"You're joking, right?" I couldn't believe her when I said that.

"Maya, it was couple of hours ago I told you that he did too many horrible things to me. All those hours I was telling you a damn story about my crazy past , and you're defending him??" I tried to speak calmly but I really couldn't.
It was then when a thought hinted my head,"just go home Maya. We talk about it tomorrow, bye!" I shouted the last word as I ran in my house's way.

Damn it , I forgot I have to go pass through the forest.

I walked in the dark forest that every time I looked at it every bone of my body started to shake. Hopefully ,this time I brought my phone to used the light of it. As I walked slowly and carefully, I tried to calm myself down. Something about this forest made my necklace that mom gave it to me , warm. My necklace started to shine and now it was so hot that it burned my neck. What the fuck? I ran fast to passed the forest but it was like it never ended. I heard voices. As I tried to recognize voices and guess what...