Chapter Eleven

Chloe's POV:

We walked into Sean's office. As soon as I put a step in his office, I could smell James cologne. Seems like he never changed the sense of his cologne after all those years.
Before I walk in , I took deep breath, comforting myself as Derek put his arms on my waist in order to calm me down. I had to stand up for myself and don't be that stupid girl I was before. Back in time, when we lived with James and my uncle , that I called him uncle Edward, James done so many horrible things and his dad didn't say a word about it. Something like:excuse me for my son. Or , Sorry that my son made everyone laugh at you in school. Sorry he tore all your books. Sorry he did something to expel you from school. Sorry he lied to your father and made him think you were a bitch. Uncle Edward never said none of those to me. It was like he was enjoying his son , do all of those things to me.
And you ask where was my dad? Well the man was never home to see them made me suffer like I was someone who bothered them. So no , my dad never knew about what they did. Just my aunt. Even she , didn't know the true and the full story. I never said anything because I knew James and his father wouldn't like it. And when they wouldn't like it they did those horrible things to me. After that I broke my silence and told my dad and aunt Lauren every single thing that happened there. Dad got really mad and in the next day we got out of that hell and lived in our own apartment in Buffalo.

That was my dad suggestion to live with them. Since we moved so much because of my dad's company, he thought it was better to live with them and don't buy a house for ourselves. At first I hadn't have any problems with that ' cause after mom's death I just wanted to have someone to talk with or play with just to make my pain go away.
I and James were the best childhood friends when we were younger. Like maybe when we were six or seven . But after James's father and mother divorced he changed a lot. He became one of those bad boys in school. He always was friendly to me and we always played together, laugh together. But after that accident he hated me. Like I made his parents to took divorce. I never understood why he became like a devil just in few years.

I walked closer and closer to the figure in front of Sean's desk. Derek took my hand and gently squeezed it to tell that he was there. I made a fake smile and looked at him to make him believe I was fine.

Just get this over with. I thought to myself.

"Chloe, Derek! Just in time. Come , sit." Sean shouted, behind his desk.

The figure that was in front of Sean's desk turned around and in that moment, if I had any doubts that I was wrong about James being there faded away. He was really James. My own Cousin. But why I never knew he was a supernatural?

He had changed a lot. He was taller than the last time I saw him , ofcourse. But still Derek was taller. His big cold blue eyes were shining the moment his gaze fell on me, like when a predator sees his prey. His hairs was jet-black and I knew he died them,because his original hairs were brown. To be honest, he looked hot. Certainly one of those guys who every girl dreamed of being with. Not that I cared about his look. In my opinion, Derek is the most hottest guy in the world. At least I think like that. And yeah , who can deny that?Emerald eyes, dark black hair, tall, muscular and every single thing in his features was absolutely perfect.

But in the other hand, James was probably one of those bad hot boys in school. The guy who was good-looking but with bad experiences. One of those who girls didn't care if he was a devil , they would kill themselves to be with him. You got my point.

"Let me introduce you to our new Citizen, here," Sean said as he pointed to us "Chloe, Derek, new Citizen , James Parker." With that he pointed to James.

I looked at him. Waiting for signs of realization. he looked at me again, up and down , with a look that creeped me out. I knew he recognized me the moment I put a step in here. And I knew what he was doing with those looks with me , trying to got Derek jealous. But why?Oh ofcourse because he is a devil.