39.

39. I'M FINE AS LONG AS YOU ARE

 I'M FINE AS LONG AS YOU ARE

Eevi

A cold but light wind was going through the air.
It made my hair dance with it. I sat on a bench, near the sea. Olli is visiting the studio quickly with Tommi and Niko. I came here to take a little walk, but the weather is so nice that I decided to sit here for a moment. Listening the sea, and just thinking about life. How this all has happened in a short time, but still this feels much longer. I miss summer, I'm not a winter person. And winter is slowly coming, I don't like the fact. So, here I am, enjoying this until here is snow everywhere.
A few people walked past me with their cute dogs.
I love dogs, maybe I'll get one some day. Olli would probably like it too.
I closed my eyes for a second, and took deep and slow breaths.

I heard some steps coming closer, probably someone is walking past me. So I didn't open my eyes, there was no need for that.
Until those steps stopped, and I heard how someone sat on the same bench.
"Sea is so beautiful, what do you think?"
Too familiar voice. A voice that I didn't want to hear.
I opened my eyes, and slowly turned my head on my right.
She sat there, looking at the sea. I shook my head in confusion.
"Wasn't last night enough for you? Are you following me?" I asked and I was so ready to leave. She turned her gaze on me, and she looked kinda normal. Not that stupid grin on her face.
"I just want to talk." She shook her shoulders.
I looked away, and sighed. I made it very clear that I don't want to listen to her, or talk to her.
She's a witch. A snake. She's the devil.

"You know you're a very bad person?" I questioned while I watched how few seagulls were flying above the sea, and they made some noices.
She was silent first, no reaction.
"I just.. wanted to say how sorry I am." She mumbled, it made me look at her. I was frowning, she looked at her hands.
"Are you? I can't believe a word you say, no matter how sorry you are. All the things you did-" I was so pissed, but she interrupted me.
"I know what I did! No need to rub it against my face." She hissed, but after that she looked at me with apologizing face.

"Maybe I was jealous back then.. or I was. The connection you and Olli had.. it was something from another world." She explained after a while when we were just silent. I looked at her again, but with suspicious look. It will be hard for me to believe her, after everything.
Before she continued, I saw how one tear was escaping from her other eye. She wiped it away quickly. I've never seen her crying, or be like this.
Never before.
"We were best friends too, and you also had Olli. You two were spending time so often. I saw how you two looked each other. He was always protecting you and was so sweet towards you. Everytime he was grinning and laughing with his friends when you were rebelling against the rules and teachers at school, and I was just rolling my eyes. You two were skipping school sometimes together. You could just be with him at the school too. But.. you choose me and were with me. I know I wasn't always that supporting friend because we are so different after all. And still, you have been the bestest friend for me. Even though I didn't deserve that."
She continued.