31.

31. NOTHING IS LIKE BEFORE

 NOTHING IS LIKE BEFORE

Joel

I was tired, but I had to go to the studio. We would continue finishing our fourth album, and I'm excited about it. But also very stressed that is everything going like it has to go.
I just came into the studio and searched the recording room, and for my suprise Aleksi was already there. Or it wasn't a suprise, I know that he's very excited about this and he always does so hard work and I appreciate it a lot.
"Morning, I knew you were going to be here soon so I took an coffee for you too." Aleksi greeted me happily and pointed the cardboard mug that was on the table.
"Oh, thanks." My mood grew a lot, and I took the mug while Aleksi just nodded as he drank his coffee.
I took a seat from a small couch, and started to scroll my phone while I drank the coffee.
It didn't take a long time when Joonas also came in, but my focus was on my phone. I felt anxiety. I felt very stressed. Aleksi and Joonas talked about something, but my mind blocked all the sounds around me.
And my mind was also busy to think about one person. I tried so hard not to, but I think that my brain wanted to mess with me so bad this morning.

"Joel?" I suddenly heard Niko's voice in front of me. I flinched a bit and put my phone away. All those three looked at me like I was a crazy person.
Maybe I am.
"I see you're stressed. But today is going to be a good day, right?" Joonas sat next to me and patted my shoulder.
"Yeah.. let's just get to work immediately." I shook my head, trying to get my mind more clear. Well it didn't help.
"Where's Olli?" Aleksi frowned.

How the heck I would know where that Romeo is? Probably with her Julia.
I wonder what they have been doing since we got back to Helsinki from the tour. I'm sure they are having.. a great time together. Eevi must be happy now. But how could I know that? I don't.
Then someone opened the door, there was our bassist. He looked us for a second, and then walked to us. But he wasn't alone, he had that woman with her.
That god damn woman who keeps running in my mind.
She closed the door behind her and followed Olli.
"Hey sister, what are you doing here?" Niko greeted her smiling and gave her a hug. I looked Joonas for a second, he had a big grin in his face and he looked Aleksi. They both grinned widely. It almost made me feel angry.
"And why you were late bass boy?" Aleksi said grinning, trying not to laugh.
Olli didn't respond, only looked at him back smirking.
"I just slept long." Olli then said while he took a seat from some chair.

"Uhm.. Olli asked me to come here. Don't know why but.. here I am." Eevi said and put some locks of hair behind her ear. I looked her up and down, and then decided to look my hands.
We haven't talked after the after party. I invited Emilia there, she made me do it and I had no choice. But I know that Eevi doesn't believe me. But she has to. How can I explain it to her? She's so stubborn.
"That's fine, I guess no one has anything to say to that?" Niko turned around to look at us all. To Aleksi and Joonas it was fine, then there was silence. Suddenly I started to feel everyone's eyes on me, so I slowly looked up, and first my eyes met with Aleksi. He nodded towards Niko. So I looked him then, Eevi stood next to him and she had her arms crossed against her chest.
"Is it fine to your ego that my little sister stays here?" Niko looked me, maybe a bit serious. Fast I looked Eevi, and she didn't look so happy either. Maybe it was my fault that she looked like that.
"Yeah I don't care." I mumbled and looked my hands again. They all were silent again for a moment, but gladly Aleksi broke it.
"Okay, so let's get into it." He said.