29.

29. JOIN IF YOU WANT

 JOIN IF YOU WANT

Eevi

We arrived to Helsinki a couple hours ago, we were sitting on my couch with Olli, watching a movie.
I didn't pay any attention to it, all my thoughts were on this situation. In him.
It seemed like he was nervous too, I watched him often with side-eye. His leg was shaking, he looked like he wasn't in this world. It was not the usual him.
I was worried. What was in his mind? What he thinked about?

"You good..?" I decided to ask after a very long silence between us. He didn't react. He kept staring the tv, and his leg kept shaking.

"Olli?" I asked. Then he turned his gaze on me, fast.
"Huh? Sorry I didn't pay attention." He looked me confused, and his leg stopped shaking immediately.
"What is on your mind?" I gently asked, the movie was about to end. I kept staring at him. Olli just switched his gaze back to the tv. I feel like he didn't know anything about the movie either.
He tried to distract himself. Avoid my question.

"You can talk to me, you know that." I looked at him worried. He swallowed, he was nervous.
"I know that." He mumbled, still staring the tv.
I decided to take the remote from the coffee table, and I turned the tv off. Now it was dark in here. We sat in silence.
"Then talk. I see that something is bothering you. And I totally understand it, this whole situation.. all what has happened-" I wasn't able to talk more, he interrupted me.
"No.. you can't understand."
I frowned.
It was dark, but still his gaze was on the tv. He didn't look at me.
"Fuck.. that woman controlled everything in my life.. for too long.. and now it's not happening anymore and I'm fucking happy about it.. but now I'm so confused that I don't know what to do. Where do I go? I have no fucking home!" He was frustrated, and chuckled in the end.

I didn't know what to do, what to say. I was sad for him. Does he want that? Probably not.
I went closer to him, he didn't mind.

"I know I can't truly understand what you have gone through.. but I want to help you." I took his other hand, he intertwined our fingers, still his gaze on the black screen tv.
"How?" His voice was weak. Finally he turned his eyes on me, it was dark, but still I saw his face very good from this distance.
I opened my mouth, but I didn't know what to say. He saw it.
"Uhm.. you can stay here if you want, until you find your own apartment in Oulu. Would that be a good start?" I looked our hands.
We were silent for a while. I was scared to lift my gaze up, still I felt his eyes on me.
"I would like that." He then said, and I looked him. He didn't look so nervous, and he was able to smile a bit. I smiled too.
"Only if I can sleep next to you." He continued. I chuckled.
"Of course." I smiled, then he started smirking.
"And.. if I can get more of those scalp massages." He leaned a bit closer.
"I'll think of that." I chuckled.

"What can I do in return.. for all of this..?" He quietly asked. I was confused.
I don't need anything in return from him. All that I need is his presence, his laugh, smile and touch.
Just.. a little while of those things before he goes back to our hometown, Oulu.
So.. how do I put those in words? Should I just be honest?
"Just.. be. That's all I want." I almost whispered. My voice was weak, and I didn't trust enough to talk in normal tone.
"You sure?" He asked, switching his gaze between my both eyes.
Again. That gaze. His eyes. Doing their magic again.
So I wasn't able to say anything, because his eyes made me speechless.
We sat in silence, only staring at each other in this dark apartment.
I saw how he came a little closer too, even tho we almost sat on top of each other.
Oh how much I wanted to say him that I love him from the bottom of my heart. Will I say it? Is this a good moment?