~35~

Two days remaining

Just like yesterday, an alarm pulls me out of my sleep. This time, however, I'm not the only one waking up. I begged Mattsun to come with me, convincing him that Makki won't show up and that I can't do this alone.

Still half-asleep, the other groans, showing his unwillingness to get up. But I won't leave him alone this time. When I came home yesterday, he was already two bottles down, and he didn't seem like he was going to stop any time soon.

"Mattsun, you promised," I whine. "Please?"

"But it's so cold..." he complains. "I'll die."

"I'll die if I have to be without you for that long," I argue back. "Come on."

He doesn't move, so I decide to pull the blankets off of him, which makes him sit up very quickly. Even though he sends me a glare, he finally decides to get up and get ready.

For the first time in a while, I wake up without a hangover. I actually planned it out this time. Mattsun can't say the same, though.

"My body hurts. I want to sleep," he continues his cries.

"I know, I know," I reply as I put on a shirt as well. "Thank you for going with me."

He hums, clearly dissatisfied, but not having the energy to say anything else.

I make sure the two of us have everything we need before we head out the door, once again without any breakfast and without any time to spare. This time I'll actually try and eat lunch...

After nearly dragging my friend to our classroom, I can finally sit down again. Sadly, Matsu's table is not very close to mine but his presence already brings me peace. As expected, Makki isn't here, so he should be okay as well.

Iwaizumi runs in just a few seconds before the bell rings, not giving either of us the time to say hello to each other. I'm no longer as mad as I was yesterday, so I'm glad he didn't talk to me. I want him to stay away, even.

That's why, as soon as lunch break begins, I head over to Matsu, throwing my arms around his shoulders as I lean against his back. "You holding up okay?"

"Not really." He shifts his head backwards, looking straight into my eyes, showing me that he is dead inside. At the same moment, I feel another gaze lock on to me.

"Want to go get some lunch?" I gently pinch his cheeks. "We need to eat."

"Don't wanna," he replies shortly. "You can go if you're hungry."

"I'd rather stick with you," I admit, already throwing away the pledge I'd made with myself this morning. "That, and I'm being stared at. There's no way I'm going anywhere right now."

"Hmm. Come here. I'll protect you," Mattsun says, pulling me towards him. It's a very uncomfortable position, with me being slumped forwards, half of my body still leaning on his chair. And to make matters even worse, I feel how the one man I wanted to avoid starts approaching us.

I manage to pull myself off, but not in time to be able to escape; Iwa's already here. Mattsun is the first to say anything, ruining the mood before I can even open my mouth.

"Sorry, but he's mine now. You've had your chance," he shrugs.

"Wha-- Matsu, don't say weird things like that!" I cry, my face turning red immediately.

Iwaizumi ignores the comment, and softly hits the back of my head with something. "Here, you idiot. Why don't you take better care of yourself as well?"

I grab whatever he's handing me, and am actually surprised when I find a sandwich in my hands. "Ah, uh, thank you...?" Did he make this himself? There's no way he had the time to get it somewhere. Our lunch break started like a minute ago. Oh no. That's actually really cute. Stop it.