~26~

A heavy silence fills the room. The three of us have a lot to say, but none of us want to start a conversation.

Iwa is sitting on his chair, his hands in his hair, his elbows resting on his knees. He took the medicine I gave him, but he hasn't moved his stare away from the floor ever since. Is he having a mental breakdown or something?

Mattsun is once again laying on the couch, gaze fixated on the ceiling. I nervously eye his timer for a second. We weren't really able to talk about it, due to the other things that were going on and because we weren't alone. He said it's fine, and I'll take his word for it, but...

Eh, I guess there's no use in thinking about it now. I leave the living room, escaping the suffocating atmosphere. Let me grab Iwa a shirt. Staying here is doing me no good.

Opening the door to Iwa's bedroom doesn't make me feel any better, though. There's no way I can enter this place without feeling awkward ever again.

Don't get flustered now. There's nothing wrong with the room itself, yet it makes me a bit ashamed. I don't want to be here, either.

It's not like I'll be coming over much longer, anyways.

Well.. Thanks for that, brain. A reminder of my doomed future was exactly what I needed right now.

Annoyed, I decide to freshen up in the bathroom first. Wash my face, fix my hair, cool down a bit. I've got to be able to act like I didn't almost lose myself yesterday.

That resolve fades quickly when I look in the mirror. Mattsun's reaction no longer seems dramatic, and I'm surprised at how calm Lana was.

I thought what he did a few days ago was bad, but it doesn't compare to this at all. The bruises he left before are almost completely covered by new ones, both sides of my throat colouring deep shades of red and purple.

Similar spots are scattered all over my chest, bright marks of different sizes showing everywhere. The amount decreases the lower my eyes go, but the intensity seems to increase.

The insides of my legs are stained with unnatural hues, making me shiver a little. It doesn't just look like a bad mistake. It looks... Is possessive the right word? For someone who doesn't want to claim me, it would be weird, but I don't know how else to describe it.

Damn it, Iwa, what were you thinking? I splash my face with cold water for a second, getting more irritated than I should. How am I going to hide this? Can I even wear clothes over this? I feel like putting on my usual jeans will kill me.

Not amused, I take a random shirt from the closet that I throw at my best friend's head as soon as I return. "Either dress yourself or go back to sleep," I tell him.

He groans. "But it stings."

For the first time, I take a look at the damage I have done, and find that it is actually very little. The wounds I inflicted on him last time were worse. "Stop whining. It's not that bad. I can't even wear the clothes I took here."

Mattsun chuckles. "You made Oikawa mad. Nice job." It sounds kind of hostile.

I glare at the sarcastic boy while Iwa turns his gaze to me. He does so for the first time, apparently, because I can feel how surprised he is.

An even louder laugh sounds from the couch. "Oh, come on. Don't look like you just realized the full extent of what you did."

"Matsu," I warn him. "You're being a bit too mean, no?"

"In case you forgot, I'm still pretty damn pissed off at the both of you. And the fact that neither of you are realizing what's going on... I think I have the right to yell at you."