GRWM

Onika POV

These ladies doing my hair and makeup are so nice. I'm sitting here trying not to cry and they just keep talking and complimenting. Way too much, but i can't get mad because they're being nice.

"Your hair is so long and thick. Just beautiful." this lady said for the millionth time. She's making me want to cut my hair. I just smiled and said thank you, once again.

I was really annoyed. Between Amory crying, these ladies talking, and all I could think about was The Man wanting me. It's way too soon. This shouldn't be happening for another 2 years.

Why do things always happen early for me. Time never waits on me. Everything I do is on someone else's time. This day is supposed to be fun. Instead i'm worrying about the upcoming event that's bound to happen on Sunday. You're probably confused, let me explain.

Flashback- 6 months ago

"Kenneth why would I do that? She is my friend that'll be so wrong." I tried convincing. Kenneth wants me to set up one of my new friends from cheer camp. She's so sweet, but her brother is a rival to The Man.

The Man is Kenneths boss. I grew to know him by helping Ken with some blocks. He began to trust me so I did more than work blocks with Ken. I started to do bigger things that others wouldn't. So, the next "mission" was to get into my friends, brothers work house. In order to do that, I had to set up Kayla; the friend.

Apparently this dude has a huge part in a lot of The Man's problems. Taking him out would make things better for them. The only problem is that I had to take him out. That's not really scary for me, it's just that I really like this girl as my friend. We've planned to stay in touch in the future and if I do something like this I'll lose a really good friend.

"Onika come on. You knew what you was getting into when you decided to help me. Don't try and leave now. You know that'll cost you your life. I don't even know why i'm explaining shit. You ain't got no choice baby." he kissed me. I can't believe this shit.

It was time for me to talk to The Man and get an insight on what's going to happen. He basically explained to me that I have to get close to her in order to get anywhere. We agreed that 2 1/2 years was enough time to gain her trust as much as I can. After that, the bust will be in plan.

Being that I had no choice, I agreed. Kayla would be so hurt. I hate hurting people because it makes me feel bad about myself. Now, I have to fake like i'm just so cool with this girl, and turn on her. That's so fucked up.

flashback over

My thoughts were interrupted by Beyoncé. I didn't notice I was crying until I was being pulled into the bathroom. Everyone was looking at me with concern and that made me embarrassed.

Now i'll be questioned on why i'm crying. I'm not supposed to tell anyone about this, so I guess I have to lie.

"Nika what's wrong? Don't you lie because you've been doing that since that weird dude called you. I've been giving you space for the past few hours and it's like you get worse as the time goes. So answer the question truthfully please." she frowned at me. I feel like everyone's tired of my shit.

There's always something wrong with me.

"Bey I don't want to talk about it right now. Can this wait until after my birthday? I'm trying to keep myself together. Me explaining everything to you is going have me crying all day. Please let's not." i patted my face. Luckily this makeup was a waterproof brand.

"Ok. But tomorrow I want to know what's going on. You know you're supposed to talk about your feelings. It's not good for your anxiety. Cooperate please." she hugged me. This is so freaking embarrassing. Now I have to walk out in front of these women. Not only did the hair and makeup people see, but there's fashion designers here that saw me also. I can already feel the stares.