Vulnerable Pooh

Onika POV

I woke up from my body being shook so freaking hard. I swear I was just fighting monkeys. But when I opened my eyes..

"Please wake up Onika. Please" I heard Bey.

"Stop shaking me! I'm up" i raise my voice. She nearly jumped out her skin.

"God you scared me. I thought you was gone for a minute." she said wiping her eyes. Was she crying?

"Are you crying?" i asked feeling bad. I was in my mommy's bed, but she wasn't here.

"No. Something got in my eyes that's all. Are you ok? You weren't responding for awhile." she said sniffling. She was definitely crying. But i'm gonna let it slide.

"Yea i'm fine. How long have you been trying to wake me up?" i asked. I started to get a major headache.

"For like 30 minutes. Aunt Carol said you weren't answering the phone and for me to check on you." she said before getting up.

"Oh. Thank you." i didn't know what to say after. She's supposed to be mad at me so I don't know.

"Well. I'm leaving now. Bye." she said walking out. I nearly flew out the bed to catch up to her.

"Wait! Bey! Please don't go. I miss you so much. Im so sorry I haven't been putting in enough effort. I promise to give my all in working on us. I can't be away from you too long. Please stay. Please" i rushed out. I can't believe i'm doing this.

Me saying that made her smile widely. She's enjoying me act like this. Me, not so much.

"Finally. I've been waiting on you to realize that you're not always right." she hugged me. I hadn't felt that in so long.

"I am always right. Im just suffering at the moment" i tried to defend myself.

"Whatever. Now we need to figure out why you slept so hard and long. It's 4pm girl" she said looking at the time. What the hell. I've never slept this long.

I kind of got a feeling of what happened. Me sleeping hard, Mommy not being here when I woke up. She didn't want me sleeping with her from the beginning. I went to sleep pretty fast last night.

She gave me sleeping medicine. That lady swear she's so slick.

But it kind of hurts me that she didn't want to let me sleep with her. Mommy used to always let me sleep with her. It's like so much has changed. She doesn't even let me by her as much anymore. Did I do something?

"What you thinking about Nika Bear? You got all quiet on me." Bey pointed out.

"My mommy doesn't like my presence as much anymore. Every time I try to be a daughter and be under her or do things with her, she pushes me away. I was really hurting when you left and she just showed aggravation. Not once did she even show she cared. I had to beg." i started sobbing.

I didn't think this would hurt me as much, but it really hurts. Maybe because she's all I got really. My Papa just stopped answering me. I have an older brother who won't even come see me. The rest of my family aren't out here. So, my mommy's the only person.

"Hey, hey. Please don't cry. You're gonna make me cry. Calm down and breathe. Maybe she's just been wanting some space? I know that probably doesn't even make sense. I'm sorry. Just stop crying please.' Bey said pulling me into a hug.

I'm always making her feel bad. I have to do better with feelings. I shouldn't be so sensitive. I'm too old for this.

"Sorry. You can leave now. I didn't mean to pull you into my problems." i said pulling her towards the door.