51| Mikaelsons don't run!

"And what the bloody hell was that about?" Rebekah asked as Niklaus stormed past them, they all stood there watching him walk away. Marcel stood up and took his niece's hand getting her undivided attention.
"Hey hope what is going on here?" He asked her his curiosity finally getting the better of him. Hope sat next to him and began the tale that was her life now. From the future to the current times. The husband and wife stood there not a word being spoken between them, the revolution of the dire situation they were in sinking in like an ice bath. The thought that their niece had gone through so much and they were out having fun, the guilt they were both feeling at the moment was immense. "all of that happened in the last five months?

"Yeah, I think so. I've only been here for three days." She tells them. she was thinking back to the friend she had to leave behind. "I've been in the future for the past 5 years running and hiding. Trying to survive because we were prepared for the onslaught that came from the ancestors"

"five years of running? why the bloody hell were you running, you are a Mikaelson and Mikaelson's do not run from anyone!!" her aunt said.

"you ran from grandpa, even left Marcel behind on your way out," she said but regretted saying it as soon as it came out of her mouth, she didn't mean to bring up one of the most painful moments in their relationship. "sorry, that was a shitty thing to say" Hope looked down at her feet not wanting to face her family.

"It's fine kiddo. Now let's figure out how we will get out of this mess." Marcel pulled his niece into a tight hug trying to reassure her that everything was going to be okay. The house started to shake like a strong wind was blowing up against the building, everything moved. Hope. turned and looked around the house trying her best to find out what the hell was going on. What is happening?  she went to the middle of the courtyard and focused her mind, trying to figure out the source of the earthquake.

" Hope!" Freya came back up from the basement, she had just gone into with Stefan and Niklaus. but she was alone, Klaus had already gone to cool off. And Stefan wasn't with her and Hope was worried she didn't know why the hell she was concerned about a guy that didn't seem to give two shits about her. "Aunt Freya? what's going on? where's Ty?" her aunt looked confused for a second not recognizing the name.

"Oh, the kid? he's fine. I asked him to stay with the psychopath" she said walking away from her and towards the gate of the front of the house with Hope following right behind her. "what's going on? why is the house shaking so much?" hope asked

"Someone is trying to break through the barrier, you need to go find your Dad," she said.

Hope stopped for a second to catch her breath, she didn't know what the hell was going on but her mind wouldn't stop thinking about the man downstairs. She knows he is trying to protect her, but they need to be on the way page. She turned and went off looking for her father.

"Klaus you need to calm down!" She heard someone whispering, it sounded like Caroline. hope moved closer but stay out of sight so she could continue to listen in on the conversation.

"calm down? do you hear that?"

"yes"

"that is another one of my many adversaries, wanting to harm my family. Yet here I am hiding like a sniveling coward" he shouted
"You're not a coward Klaus, you are doing everything to protect your family. Given what has happened to us, you are doing a pretty decent job" Caroline replied
"I don't do decent, love". she listened to her father, her heart was hurting the more she heard him say how out of control everything has gotten. She felt guilty for everything that had been happening to both families, and she couldn't make things right again.

"Dad?" she walked around the corner to reveal herself to them. they turned to her, Klaus had a look on his face that Hope couldn't quite explain. the house started to shake again , this time it seemed like the whole house was going to break in two if it kept going the way its going. "Aunt Freya wants you" she said Klaus shook his head and turned back to Caroline giving her a looked that said 'here we go again' and Hope couldn't blame him for thinking that way about this whole thing.

The ceiling and cracks, the foundation too. Everyone was gathered in the middle of the courtyard. Bonnie sat on one of the chairs in the courtyard with Damon behind her rubbing her back. She looked so drained, well at seven months and on the run from god knows who or why.

"I can't keep the barrier up for long. Whoever is out there is extremely strong, I don't think it's one person i mean it can't be one person, that is way too much power" Freya said a hint of panic in her voice. She was going over her book of spells, Hope watched as everyone gathered together, but there was two people missing from the group and she got worried. Kol and Divina weren't here, they were meant to be here hours ago "where are they" Hope turned to her Aunt Freya.

"I haven't been able to contact them, they stop picking up my calls" she answered her but she was still not really paying her niece attention. "What the hell is going on?" SJ came through the basement door, the front door started to crack in two. "Who is that? Kathrine spoke, she was standing in the back corner away from the whole group. Klaus came walking up and stood in front of Fraye and Hope, the look in his eyes saying that he was not messing around. "what are you doing? he asked her voice low and manacling. "trying to find a way for us to get out of this mess" fraye continued look through her grimoire. 

"you mean, you are running! Miklaesons don't run from a fight!"  he shout, his eye turning that all too familiar yellow/orange color. 

"who ever is out there is not just some run of the mil witch! I've never seen that kind of power being yielded by one person" she had finally stopped and turned to look her younger brother in the eyes. "I checked, its one person out there but that much power is not normal. feels like there is a hundred witches out there powerful ones, sometimes brother you need to know when it is time to run."  

SJ walked over to Hope and took her Hand than pulled her along as he walked over to Freya Mikaelson and hope took her aunt's hand without questioning somehow knowing what the young hybrid needed from them. And lastly his mother, once they were all holding hands he started to chant in Latin. Hope could feel the power flowing from her body and into his it was so calming peaceful.