45| Power

The whole house was moving to get things ready to move over to the Mikaelson mansion. not one person was standing around, well except for Hope was missing, Titus looked around a small panic rising up in his throat. with what he said to her when they connected made me feel so much shame for the words that came out of his mouth. "honey?" Bonnie walked over to her son with a worried look on her face, she had been watching her son the entire time everyone was getting things ready for the move to New Orleans. Titus looked at his mother, her stomach looking so much bigger on her small frame. "Hey mum, shouldn't you be getting some rest before we leave?" He asked his mother, Titus took her arm and helped her down onto the sofa. "Oh, I'm fine. Don't try and change the subject" she looked at him.

"I can't change a subject that hasn't be brought up," he said. 

"Stop being a smart ass. Now tell me what's wrong"

"Nothing" he looks away from her, trying his best to look at anything but his mother.

"You seem upset, did the bond not go well?" she said her voice laced with concern, The last time Bonnie saw her son he was when just 7 years old. a small child with the whole afterlife ahead of him. Now he was a man, protecting his family. "Is it Hope? is there something wrong with her? do you not trust her?" she asked question after question. Wanting to know what the hell was going on with her son. "Sweetheart please talk to me, I know that I haven't been in your life for very long but I want to try and be your mum again" she was on the verge of tears when talking to her son, the thought that she's missed 10years of her son's life, she would never forgive herself for all that time they had lost. Thoughts of her son resenting her for leaving him when he needed them the most. They never had the perfect family growing up, with her and Damon always at odds when it came to finding a way to get back to their old world. Once Bonnie found her grandmother and the life that she has always dreamed of living back on earth. With her grandmother alive and the place so peaceful. "You will always be my mother, nothing will ever change that you do know that right mum?" she turned to her son and took his hand into her smaller ones, and looked him in the eyes. "I know baby I just- we lost ten years together and now you are all grown up" she started crying, her hormones getting the better of her.

"Please don't cry Mum, I'm fine" Titus got closer to his mother and put his arm around her comforting her as she cried. She hugged him back her heart feeling at home now that her family was altogether under the same roof. Damon walked into the room only to stop and stare at his wife and son, this is what he was fighting for, his family so they can be safe and happy. The thought that there are people coming after his wife and son pissed him off more than he can say. "You and your hormones" Damon smirked they both looked up at him and Bonnie shook her head wiping her tears. Bonnie getting up from the sofa with the help of her son, waddled over to her husband and into his arms. "and whose fault is that?" Bonnie asked a smile on her face, Damon laughter, Bonnie could feel the vibration through his body and through hers. "from what I remember, you weren't complaining that night" he gave her a wink and smirked again.

"Oh, God! Seriously? I did not need to hear that!" Titus covered his eyes, the last thing he wanted to think about was his parent in bed together. They both just smiled at him and he shook his head and left the house not wanting to hear anything else about what they had been up to. He could hear them laughing at him she walked out the front door. Once outside he took and breath and gazed up at the night sky.

"Ty" someone called him from above, he turned and looked up and was met with a beautiful face looking down at him. "Andy," he said, he walked around the house climbed up the tree nearest the house, and onto the roof. She looked around to make sure that Titus was the only one outside with them. "so why are you hiding up here?" he asked her, only for her to turn her head away from him, he shook his head and looked up. "I never thought my life would turn out like this, coming from the other side a peaceful paradise to this" he gestured around to not one thing in particular. "Every fucking turn There is someone They're ready to hurt us. All I want is to protect my family but all they want is power! my power, that I never even wanted, the power I was born with. Shit sorry" she had finally turned to face him when he was pouring out his heart to her.

"You don't have to be sorry, I know exactly how it feels. Before you know it was me anyone and everyone wanted me dead, all because they thought I would bring about the end. Half of my family wanted me dead the other half would die to protect me and everyone else wanted to use me for the power I had. But the moment Lexi was born everyone and everything wanted her. I feel guilty because for a moment I was relieved to not be in the spotlight" She looked away from Titus ashamed of what she had just confessed, "I'm a bad friend, how can I think like that? and now she's gone for good" Titus put a hand on her thigh and squeezed it trying to give her some sort of comfort, he felt awkward at that moment because as much as he wanted to make her feel better but he didn't know-how. 

after a long moment of the two of them sitting there together in silence Hope finally spoke up again "why do you have a block up?" Titus was quiet, he knew this topic was coming but he wasn't looking forward to it. "it's for your protection" he said

"my protection? what do you mean?"

"It means I'm trying to protect you Andy, so can we just drop it" he sounded annoyed

"you didn't want to be boned to me did you?" she asked sounding a little heartbroken.

"that's not it like I said-" he didn't get to finish

"you are trying to protect me, I heard you Ty but I want to know why because right now it feels like I'm a burden to you"

"if I take down the block you won't be able to handle the amount of power I have, it could kill you and that is something I'm not going to let happen Andy so please just let it go!" he shouted at her, not meaning to but he needed to get his point across that he was only trying to protect her, keep her safe and not just from the world but from himself. Her lips moved. again to say something, but before that could happen the sound of footsteps walking up the drive took both their attention.

Okay, new chapter time for questions.

1) what did you think of Titus and Hope's conversation?

2) who do you think is coming up the driveway?

3) can you ship Titus and Hope together?