49| SO SNAP OUT OF IT!

"Damon?" Mum's voice came from the doorway, she looked much bigger than when I last saw her, and that seems like it was forever ago. Dad finally let go of me and turned to face her, her face covered with a deep concern that I wasn't to take away from her, she didn't deserve that not when all of this was my fault. I remember when we were back on the other side mum and I would go out to the park so I could play around on the swings while she pushed me. I miss the other side so much, it was a peaceful place I had never seen any violence before now. I wish none of this had to happen, why did mum's cousin have to bring them here? why couldn't they just leave well enough alone? we were fine, we were happy. And then she just disappeared? who does that? I have so many questions and none of them seem like they are going to be answered at least not anytime soon.

"Hey Mum" She walked over to me well waddled was more like it but I wasn't going to say that to her. I mean a value of my life, Stressed and tired She made her way towards me and put her arms around me, and pulled me closed. Her ever-swelling belly made it difficult for us to hold each other. "how are you feeling? Do you need anything?" I asked her, and she nodded her head and smile meekly, She looked tired like she hadn't been sleeping and that broke my heart. She walked over to Dad and he pulled her in and they held each other for a long time. Felt as though I was intruding on the moment so I went over to the railing and looked over to the rest of the city down below, they were people walking the streets most drunk off their asses. They looked so free not a care in the world. If only my life could be that carefree again. Uncle Stefan's car pulled up and into the Mikaelson mansion, I guess Dad told him where we were, I wonder if he found Elena?

Mum and Dad were still holding each other, I think they might be in each other's heads I honestly don't want to know what the hell they doing in there. "Ty?" Andie... we haven't spoken since the whole thing went down, I don't know if I've been avoiding her or if she's been avoiding me. 'Can we talk please?' great talk? talk about what? I still don't know what to say to her, this bond that we have between us...I've been trying to block it off and she keeps trying to break through, I'm only trying to protect her and she won't fucking let me. I just need some space to breathe and think things through. I came here for a reason, to save my family I didn't come here to find 'the one' I don't even know if she is 'the one is there even such a thing? I guess it was now or never I need to convince her that us not fully connecting is for the best, but before I could even walk over to her Uncle Stefan and Katherine come through the balcony doors, Andie looked and me shook her head and walked away I could feel the hurt I just caused her but I know she will thank me in the long run.

"Damon! We didn't find your girlfriend. But I think she has a new boyfriend and a girlfriend. I think that's what the kids call leveling up" he laugh and so did I because as messed up as the statement is, it was funny. Dad turned around from mum and looked at him, not at all impressed with the joke. Mum didn't seem too impressed either and I think that stopped Stefan from the laughter. "How are you feeling Bon?"

"Like a house, so...Elena?" She asked

"I saw where she's living, there was a man there. Then we followed her back to Mystic grill with the other crazy"

"Wait she's back in Mystic Falls? When was this? Why?"

"Never got a chance to ask, Damon called and she was with Matt and her brother." Stefan walked over to the railing and looked over at the city, the streets buzzing with drunk patrons going on with their parting. He shook his head and turned to face his brother, "why are we going so far out of our way for her?" Katherine finally voiced her opinion since arriving everyone turned to look at her Mum and Dad looked annoyed while Stefan just stared at her, in fact, they were both just staring at each other. It was clear that they were having a very private conversation, I don't know if I will ever get used to the whole mind-reading. The idea that they all can do it and that I have the ability to give them that ability through my blood freaks me out every day.

"Fine" she finally said out loud and walked away from everyone without saying another word. Uncle Stefan turned back to Dad and shook his head. He seemed out of it and distracted. I still haven't spoken to him about the whole bond thing and what happened with him and aunt Caroline. they both seemed to be taking the whole ordeal in stride.

"Stefan? did you see anyone else when you were searching?" Dad asked him he looked confused at the question, "what do you mean?" he asked.

"We had a visit from one of Lily's strays, he is currently locked up downstairs. We were advised to leave Mystic Falls" Dad turned to me when he said that last part about being "advised to leave" shaking his head. "of course, hey Stefan still protecting everyone I see?" uncle Stefan smirked at me giving me a knowing look.

"Mother came back?" uncle Stefan asked hope in his eyes, I guess he still had hope that grandma Salvatore with turn over a new leaf and come back to her family, while Dad was adamant about her loyalty to her sons. I mean I don't blame Dad for the way he feels about Grandma Salvatore, don't get me wrong I understand the reason. But it just breaks my heart to see them at odds.

"seriously? how naive can you get little brother?" Dad stepped toward his younger brother, Mum tried to take hold of his arm to stop him from advancing closer to his brother but that didn't stop him. Uncle Stefan didn't back down from Dad.

"Naive?"

"Yes, you are fucking naive when it comes to her!"  Dad yelled back at him, he was angry, but this wasn't the time for arguing we needed to come up with a plan to stop the people coming after us.

"Why the hell do you hate her so much? she's our mother! she deserves our understanding and forgiveness, What she went through with Dad must have messed up, and shunning her isn't going to help!" Uncle Stefan yelled back, when the hell did things turn out this way?

"OKAY! BOTH OF YOU STOP IT!" Mum got in between them, she was so small compared to the two of them, but she commanded so much power. "What is wrong with you? You are brothers, you are supposed to be on the same side. No matter what happens don't let your mother get between you two. Because I really need you...both of you. SO SNAP OUT OF IT!"
And with that said she walked back into the house like nothing happened.

"Whoa" I said standing there in awe of my mother. I couldn't help it, I started laughing because the whole situation was absurd to me, well I've seen mum and dad argue before but this was some how funny to me. Both Dad and Uncle Stefan turned to me finally united in their annoyance in me.