31. Gathered Again

The worst part of the day was having to hide at the Room of Requirement with the rest of the Gryffindors, Ravenclaws, Hufflepuffs, and members of the DA, which was almost dissolved.

The only person in there able to say something positive was, obviously for every human being alive, Luna Lovegood. It was really hard to believe how someone could be that full of hope even having to be alive during those times, but who knows? Luna was someone really particular and Fel always admired her for that.

- I'm sure that he would arrive any day now -. She said, with a little kind smile.

- He won't, Luna -. Said Parvarti Patil.- If he didn't come before, he won't now -.

Everyone was holding on to Harry's presence to appear after so many months, wishing him to arrive and save the school from Voldermort.

But they were pure fantasies, at least for the most part of the teenagers stuck in the room.

- It doesn't matter if he didn't come yesterday, last week, or month -. Said the girl with wide and blue eyes.- It matters that there are still days to count and which we count down until he shows up behind the portrait -.

- But what if he doesn't? -. Said Cormac from one of the hammocks hanging from the ceiling.- What if he already died whoever knows where and we are just waiting to be killed? -.

- We aren't sure if he's gone, maybe he's right now walking through the passage and we're just being negative about something we don't know -. Luna kept saying, incredibly persistent. 

- We also can't just fantasize all the time, Luna -. Lavender Brown said, sitting next to Parvarti.- We need to be realistic -.

- Sometimes, being realistic just hurts and pushes down your will to live. Sometimes being tied to hope it's better than being down and depressed about uncertainty -. Luna said with a sideways smile.- I like to fantasize about things that bring me hope -.

- We already know that -. Seamus Finnigan, another Gryffindor, said with a grin.

Felicity took a deep breath and thought about what Luna said. 

She liked to fantasize about good things that could happen, most of the time in an alternative reality, but that still kept her alive and she was grateful for being a daydreamer, not quite Luna, but the idea of it.

- I think that we should be positive and realistic, consider both points of view but not be extremists -. Felicity said while looking at Luna.

- Wow, now you're a lunatic too -. Cormac said with a smirk.

- Would you like me to punch you again, McLaggen? Because it seems you hadn't enough with the first one -.

Everyone around tried to not let go of a laugh and Felicity heard how, behind her, Seamus and Dean were hardly holding their shrieks.

It was good to hear that some of them were still laughing beside the circumstances. It kept alive the flames of their childhood and it was wholesome for Felicity. 

But her smile quickly vanished because she kept thinking about her three friends. Worried for their safety and terrified because of the risk they were still running out there. 

Where are you, Hermione? 

Are you ever going to come back?

*

Another day, always the same cycle. 

Felicity got tired of writing letters to someone that maybe wasn't out there anymore, or traveling that much that maybe the owl wasn't able to find her in any way possible.