Chapter 20

This part is not edited

Nandini's PoV

Life appears to be a beautiful dream when you do the things which you love! But for me it's the opposite. Nowadays I am forced to do things which I hate the most. My life is changing at a bullet train speed but I am stuck up in a room between my bed and books. Even though Tarak and Mukthi are always with me, I am missing Abhi bhai a lot. It's hurt like hell while saying goodbyes to him again. I know he will come here within one call from me but still, I felt sad. And about Malhotra's, they are treating me as if I am a child. It's been a day since I came back to the house, but they already made me feel like it is a home for me.

Yesterday night at dinner time Vani aunty came and told me that she prepared dinner for me and said Nyonika aunty asked me to come down to have dinner with everyone. I told her I am not hungry and she knowing about my stubbornness left after that. She left early as her daughter was I'll. Again Tarak and Mukthi came and I told them the same but they dragged me down despite hearing my words. They didn't allow me to go to the room until I finish my food completely.

When Nyonika aunty compelled me, I showed tantrums. That time Ram uncle gave me a fake glare, "Beta It's rude to avoid your Mother in law's words" he tried to say this sternly but I noticed his playfulness. So I acted like I was scared and ate my food silently.

All ate dinner while conversing about random topics and of course everyone pulling Tarak's leg and him whining to aunty about that, in fact, they included me too in their conversations so that I don't feel left out. I kinda like this as everyone made me feel like I am one among their family. Everyone became close to me except one and I didn't even see him yesterday after he left for his work.

Later at night, I stayed in his room. As usual, I couldn't sleep without reading my precious. So I started reading my favourite novel Doctor Zhivago by Boris Pasternak. It's a historical rom-com. If you want to have a warm, cosy, fuzzy feeling at night; then I ask you to make yourself a cup of coffee, get a blanket, and read this book. This book tells us what a person's wishes, hopes, dreams, and goals can drive a person to either a better place or a place much worse. I am a die heart fan of romance novels and books. Even I am a big fan of Korean dramas and K-pop because of that my standards have increased.
(A/n - I guess the k-drama/k-pop fans know what I am mentioning about 😉🙈)

While I was reading I felt someone was coming inside the room, so I kept the book aside and pretended like sleeping. Then I slightly opened my eyes and saw that person and it was Manik. He slowly came near me and took my book and kept it on the side table and then switched off the night lamp. Then he entered his closet. At that time many questions came into my mind. Is he going to stay here? But we didn't talk about it!! Are we going to share the same bed? NO!!!! Definitely NOT!! But then why is he here in this room? My mind mocked 'dude this is his room and you are the unwanted guest here' Arghhhh but I can't stay here.

At that time I heard the Closet door opening sound. He came back with a pair of clothes and went outside the room. I felt relief washing over me. A few minutes later Mukthi came inside the room sleepily and told me that Manik had sent her to sleep with me tonight just in case if I needed any help. She then slept beside me. I felt a bit happy at his care. Is he changing?

My mind reminded me 'No nandini he is just sympathizing with your accident. Nothing more. Everything will come back to normal once you are recovered. So don't expect anything.'

But my heart said 'remember Abhi bhai's words he told you to give this relationship a chance.' Finally, the chaos started between my mind and heart. Not able to control that and sleep peacefully without any nightmares I took a sleeping pill and drifted off to sleep.