Chapter 12

Nandini's PoV

A few hours before the accident..........

Today my day started with an unexpectedly sweet moment. Nyonika aunty gave me a sweet dish and Tarak wished me success. I was touched by their words. Both Tarak and Mukthi's little gestures made me feel special and happy. This gesture of them made me feel a mixture of emotions. But Nyonika aunty's wish made me feel exhilarated. Usually, Twisha and Bhai would wish me. But I didn't get such kinds of emotions from that. When Nyonika aunty hugged me, It felt like a mother's embrace. I longed for motherly love many times before. I badly missed it. Today I felt like I got a mother's warmth in her.

I went to the court early and started preparing for the case. I was a little bit nervous as it was my first case. Abhinav sir came to wish me success and see my case. I decided to go to the courtroom. But before I could walk towards the courtroom someone tapped my shoulder making me spun around with lightning speed.

The moment I turned around I came face to face with the person who I never wanted to see in my life again.

                 **Aryaman Khurana **

The person because of whom I lost my peaceful life. He was the reason for my sufferings. His selfishness made my life hell.

"Heyy nandini, how are you?" he asked casually.

I jerked off his hands back and shrieked "Get away from my way."

I went inside the courtroom and sat there. His sudden appearance made me feel weak. The past memories started running in my mind like an express train. Those bad days, nightmares, sleepless nights, loneliness. I remembered everything I thought I should forget.

"It was almost like a reverse nightmare, like when you wake up from a nightmare you're so relieved. But I felt like I woke up into a nightmare."

Someone tapped on my shoulder. I saw Abhinav sir asking me to start my trial. But I couldn't focus on that because my mind was stuck on those dreadful days. The trial didn't go well. I got negative results on my first trial. I lost my first case. My client and Abhinav sir was continuously saying something. Even my client started shouting at me. But I didn't speak back to them. I left from there without explaining anything. I didn't know where I was going.

After many years once again I felt I was alone and there was no one to care for me. I started walking towards my home. The only place which can comfort me. When I entered my home, the loneliness made my heart cry in pain, my legs became weak and I kneeled down on the floor and cried my heart out.