Chapter 14

Manik's PoV

By six in the evening, I went to meet Dhruv at our usual spot. He came by six-thirty. "Heyy buddy, sorry yaar Alya had some issues at her fashion house so it took some time to clear those issues," told Dhruv. 

"Heyy no worries. Is everything okay now? "I asked him.

"Yeah, everything is fine now. Someone filed a case against their fashion house for selling low-quality products. So I had to go there to solve this issue. " explained Dhruv. 

"Ohh ... But Mukthi didn't inform me anything about that?" I said to him. 

"Yeah, she told me you didn't go home because of Nandini's accident and stayed at the hospital. You were already stressed with your work and hospital. So maybe she would have thought not to worry you further. But it's fine buddy I solved that.  It was a false accusation case. So nothing to worry about. And I forgot to ask this how is Nandini? " he asked me. 

"Yeah, she is better now.  She will return home within two or three days. You told me you wanted to say something regarding nandini. What's that? " when he asked about her I remembered his call and asked him the information which he wanted to convey. 

When I asked about that he hesitated at first, "Woh ... Manik .... umm-"

"Say Dhruv what is that?"  I asked him. 

"Umm..nobody in Nandini's office knows about yours's and Nandini marriage, not even dad," Dhruv said. 

"Ohhhh...." I didn't know what to reply. 

"Manik you understand what I am saying right?" he asked in a questioning tone. 

"Yeah, buddy I understood that.  And I know the reason for that. " I told him. 

"What's that?" he asked. 

"I behaved like a jerk to her. So I think that will be the main reason and I once asked her to stay away from me and my family. " I explained to him. 

"What? When did it happen? "  he asked in a firm tone. 

From his voice, I guessed he was angry with me. "Few days after the marriage, Mishka's parents came to ask for forgiveness for her actions. Her father acted as if he didn't know anything about her relationship and dad too supported him that thing angered me. So I told about Mishka's relationship to everyone. And unexpectedly when I came out I saw Nandini and I lashed my anger on her. At that time I told her those things." I told him. 

"What the heck? Manik, are you serious?  Damit you shouted at her because of others.  She didn't do anything wrong man.  And anything happened after that?" he literally shouted. Then I explained to him about her activities. Her relationship with my family. 

"Man ... First I thought wrong about Nandini when I heard about her not informing about your relationship. But now I understand why she did that. You truly became a jerk. I didn't expect this from you. I know it's hard for you to accept this marriage but that doesn't mean you can behave like this to her. I don't get you, man. Then why the heck are staying at the hospital now? " he asked. 

"Because I feel guilty seeing her behaving like that," I told him frankly. 

"Like what? What do you mean by that? "  asked Dhruv. 

"I saw Nandini at her lowest stage. She was fighting over herself. She was in depression. You won't believe she was not even letting her parents near her. I have noticed this many times. She allowed her brother alone. And by seeing her like that I thought I was responsible for that. Even this morning I saw her having some nightmare but when I tried helping her she accepted at first but when she realized it was me she pushed me away from her. She told me I was the one who asked her to stay away from me. At that time I felt bad about myself. Before I only warned her to stay away from me. But now I regret using those words. "I expressed my true feelings to him.