Chapter 16

Author's PoV

Nandini was sitting on the hospital bed facing the wall. She was thinking about how her life changed suddenly. A few days back she was preparing for her case excitedly and peacefully living her life. But now everything changed. She just wished that she shouldn't have gone to court that day. Nandini sighed as she looked at the conversation between Mukthi, Tarak and Abhi. She saw Manik entering her room with some papers in her hand. He just went near Abhi without glancing at others and said something to Abhi. Then they both went out.

As it was early morning time She saw birds through the window. Watching them flying independently gave her a kind of peace. She wanted to be like that in her life. Never dependent on someone. She remembered her father's words, "If you want to be strong, learn how to fight alone."

Her father always taught her to be independent. But currently staying dependent on someone hurt her more. The reason why she didn't express her feelings to others is that she thought expressing her feelings may make her dependent on that person whenever some problem arises. But she didn't realise stuffing more things inside herself will cause more pain than being dependent on something or someone. Sometimes expressing your grief to someone helps a lot. And if that person tends to be someone who can help you to overcome that misery is a kind of blessing from heaven. She failed in understanding this.

Her thinking was disturbed by Mukthi. "Nandini where were you? I was calling you for the past five minutes."

"Nothing just thinking about something randomly," replied Nandini.

Tarak interrupted their conversation and said, "Bhabhi you know one thing. Whenever Mukthi dii goes into her deep thoughts no one should trouble her. If you mistakenly did that then you have to hear her worst cheesy stories. She wouldn't allow you to leave from there without hearing her full story."

Mukthi glared at him and asked, "What do you mean by that?"

"Wohh....your cheesy stuff about your crush. She will say how hot he is. His eyes, facial expressions, his smile blah blah blah... She even punched many girls who had followed him. She will say how she wanna kiss his lip-"

Mukthi ran near Tarak and closed his mouth using her hands and started stammering, "Geez...s-to-p this. When d-id I...said those? I will ne-ver do that." Mukthi nervously smiled at Nandini.

"Ummm Ummm...." then Tarak indicated her to remove her hands.

"Dii you will do that always. Every time cabir bhai would do something to divert you from your dreamland but at last, I would get stuck with your cheesy crush stories." Mukthi tried stopping Tarak. But failed. This didn't go unnoticed by Nandini. She suspiciously asked, "Guys, Am I missing out something here? May I know who's your crush Mukthi?"

Mukthi gritted her teeth and asked, " Which crush are you talking about Tarak?"

Tarak smirked at her and said, "Dii, the only person who you will say the hottest. The person whom you want to see every day. The person whom you drool over.....Ab-"

"Hey, Nandini it's nothing. He has gone mad and blabbering something irrelevant" Mukthi explained in a stammering way.

Tarak said in a high pitched voice, "Dii I am saying about your crush....Ab.....About your crush, Damon from Vampire Diaries. I am talking about him."

Mukthi felt relieved at his reply and said,
"Yeah...Yeah....my crush, Damon. Yeah Nandini it's Damon. Umm...Okay guys I got some important work in the office. So I am leaving." Then Mukthi immediately took her bag and went out.

While leaving she by mistake pushed the glass down. Tarak controlled his laugh on seeing her and said, " dii slow down. No one is here to save you."