Chapter 8

Author PoV

Everyone noticed the changes in both Nandini and manik's behaviour. Little by little, Manik was opening up his emotions and moving close to his family whereas Nandini was further moving away from them. They noticed the changes in her timings. Every day Nyonika waited for Nandini at night till she arrives from her work. Everyone came back to their routine.

Manik's PoV

After that incident at home, I was angry at her, at myself and everybody. I didn't want to talk with anyone there. So I just left from there without informing anything. I went to my happy place. It made me relax myself from the problems. I felt mixed emotions. I felt angry at my dad, happy for telling the truth to everyone at the same time I felt bad at myself for yelling at Nandini for no reason. I knew I had been behaving like a jerk to her. I also knew she was not the root cause for my problems. I yelled at her twice not because of her mistakes but for Mishka's and her bade papa's act. But that doesn't mean I have accepted her. It's just that I felt guilty for my actions.

The next day, when I returned home dad came and apologised. His apology made me regret my words. I only wanted him to understand me and not his apology. I too apologised for my words. I thought hereafter I shouldn't throw my anger and problems at my family. I went to my room to take my clothes. I expected Nandini to be present there. But she was not there. I avoided that thing and got freshen up and left for the office.

I returned home by eight and had my dinner with my family. I tried my best to not bother them with my problems. So I kept a happy face in front of them and masked my true emotions. I went to Tarak room and slept there. These same things continued for some days.

One day morning, I woke up at six. So I went to the living area and decided to talk with dad about the upcoming project. I expected dad to be present there but he left the home for his morning walk. So I sat on the couch and started scrolling my phone. By seven, I saw someone coming down the stairs.

I peeped my head and saw Nandini coming down the stairs talking with someone on the phone

I peeped my head and saw Nandini coming down the stairs talking with someone on the phone. She directly went out of the house.

'It's only seven in the morning. Why was leaving the house this early?' I thought.

I subsided on this thought and continued my work. Later I left for my office. As I had an important meeting that day, I came home by nine. I saw mom waiting for me. I had my dinner with her. When I was leaving for Tarak room, I saw her sitting in the living area.

I became confused and asked, "Mom, are you not going to sleep?"

Mom replied, "No Manik, I am waiting for Nandini. She didn't return from her work till now"

Her reply astonished me because I saw her leaving early in the morning and till now she didn't return home. I kept mum and went to Tarak's room. For the next few days, I noticed Nandini's behaviour. She will leave early in the morning and return late at night. She didn't interact with anyone in my family.