Chapter 11

Manik PoV

I was working on a presentation for a new project when one thing got struck at my mind 'NANDINI'. Then the random thoughts started

^^^^

'My life will get changed' I felt like this while getting married. But it doesn't happen. I lived the same life as before my marriage. The only thing that changed was the entry of one new member into the family. I and Nandini stayed as strangers. But she got a little close with mom, Mukthi and Tarak in these three months of marriage. She started conversing with others and even taking stands for herself. I smiled when I thought about her savage reply to my bua.

A sudden knock on the door made me come out of my thoughts. My PA Aman came and informed me about the arrival of the client. I put away those thoughts and continued doing my work. When I was packing up my stuff to go home by seven I got a call from dad.

"Heyy dad I am just packing up my stuffs and would-"

He interrupted me and said, "Nandini was met with an accident and was admitted at the hospital."

"WHAT???!!!!" His words terrified me to the core.

"Come along with cabir to XXXX hospital asap." I hurriedly took my car keys and went to Cabir bhai's cabin. I told him about everything and we both left for the hospital rashly.

I drove to the hospital like a mad man

I drove to the hospital like a mad man. We both reached the hospital within ten minutes and got inside.

We went to the reception and Cabir bhai enquired "Nandini Malhotra?" She replied, "Emergency unit. Go straight and take right."

As I was walking to the emergency unit, I saw my entire family, Nandini's parents and two unfamiliar faces. Mom was crying with her head in her hands. Mukthi was sitting beside her rubbing her back. Ragini aunty was sobbing. Dad was consoling Ram uncle while Tarak stood at the corner looking at his feet. When mom saw me there, she came and hugged me tightly and cried.

"Mom, she will be fine. Please don't cry," I tried consoling her but failed. I guess she created a closer bond with Nandini that's why it's so tough for her to control her emotions.

After twenty minutes the doctor came out and informed, "Due to this car accident, her body is violently shaken resulting in damages and injuries. Some of the parts have been badly injured. Her right hand was fractured and a bone in her left leg has been broken. So we performed surgery to implant internal fixation devices, such as plates to maintain the proper position of her bones during healing. After her cast is removed, she will need rehabilitation exercises or physical therapy to reduce stiffness and restore movement in the injured leg. Other than these, there were some bruises and scratches on her face and hands. She was given general anaesthesia, so she will regain her consciousness after one or two hours. You can meet her after shifting her to a normal ward. Any one of you can come and meet me afterwards for further details about her medication and recovery."