Chapter 13

Author PoV

Not even for a second, Nandini didn't leave Abhimanyu from her hold. She held his hands so tightly as she didn't want him to leave her alone. She was afraid that those horrible things may repeat again. Everyone made an effort to cheer her but failed miserably. The Malhotra's were surprised to see Nandini behaving like this. Because from the last three months she didn't ask for a single help from them. Even when they insisted to do something for her she refused that. Whenever her parents tried speaking with her she denied that. Even when Manik shouted at her she stayed as a rock and showed no emotions. But now she wants Abhimanyu not to leave her.

Tarak, Mukthi and Nyonika tried to talk with her but couldn't achieve that. Because she was not in a state to explain her inner turmoil to anyone. She was in her own dilemma. Neither She didn't care about the accident nor her case failure. Her whole concern was on his sudden appearance. Whenever he came into her life, it may result in a tragedy. So this time she was terrified of his entry.

Manik's PoV

When I reached the hospital I saw Nandini sleeping holding Abhi's hands as tight as she could. From my observance for the last three months, I could say Nandini was a brave independent woman. But today she was afraid to let him go. She was broken emotionally. I felt bad about seeing her like this. My heart was continuously remaining me that I was also a reason for her at this stage. I couldn't see her at that stage so I stayed outside her room. Even when Mom suggested me to go home and she will stay there with Nandini, I refused that and stayed there all day. She didn't even allow her parents near her. This thing looked strange to me. As the doctor said her struggle started, Her depression.

One day a nurse asked Abhi to buy some medicines. I asked him to sit near Nandini as she was sleeping and I went to buy the medicines. When I came back from the medical shop, I saw Abhi standing outside her room leaning on the wall. When I got closer to him I realised he was crying.

"Heyy Abhi, is everything ok?" I asked him.

He wiped his tears and replied, "Yeah everything is fine Manik. Have you got all the medicines?"

I understood he was changing the topic and asked again, "Abhi tell what happened?"

His tears came out "I can't see her suffering like this Manik. I am just pretending to be strong in front of her. But it's really hard for me to see her like this. I feel like I was also a reason for her at this stage. If I didn't leave her alone here all this wouldn't have happened. From childhood, She wouldn't express her feelings to others. Even if she needed them the most she wouldn't tell that to them. I should have understood her feelings. But I think I failed as a brother in protecting her. I was not present there when she needed me the most. I failed to protect her."

I patted his shoulders and said, "Hey Abhi come on you can't give up now. She needs you now. You didn't fail till now she feels safe only around you. She wants you near her all the time. You are her only hope now so cheer up. She will recover soon. This too shall pass on."

At that time I felt really bad seeing him cry because I understood his feelings. Even when Mukthi had a slight fever or a small scratch, I used to worry a lot about that. I will stay near her till she recovers. Abhi was thinking he failed in protecting her. But from seeing their bond I could say Nandini trust him more than her life.

After four days she came back to her normal self. That day when I came back from the office, I saw her laughing along with Tarak and Mukthi. I have never seen her laugh like this before. As usual, Mukthi and Tarak were fighting over something and she was laughing because of their stupid banter. Usually, their banter would irritate me but that day seeing nandini laughing over their banter made my heart smile. Unknowingly I smiled in satisfaction.