Chapter 10

Author's PoV

2 months later

It's been three months since Manan marriage. And is there any advancement in their forced relationship??? Then it is a NO. But there were some developments in both Manik's and Nandini's behaviour towards their family members. Manik came back to his jovial nature. But he stayed rigid with Nandini.

Whereas Nandini slowly started accepting his family members. She speaks to them whenever they ask something relating to her or work. She became a little close with Mukthi and Tarak. The three became good friends. She tries to reach his house earlier at night. One day she politely asked Nyonika not to wait for her till she reaches home. Nyonika refused that. Regardless Nandini explained to Nyonika that she was handling an important case. Though she handled many cases prior as a Practicing attorney but the current case tends to be her first case as a lawyer. Nyonika understood her and asked her to at least reach home by ten. This one incident made Nandini feel relieved and made her start accepting his family.

But that doesn't stop her from staying at her home. She will visit her home at weekends. Still, His house remained as a place that gives shelter but her home made her feel all the emotional connections and a sense of belonging.
She wished to stay there every day but she couldn't as she didn't want anyone to feel hurt.

One day Nandini had a hectic day at work. She had a small clash with her client and she was frustrated over that. So she reached Manik's house early in the evening. When she entered his house, she saw Mukthi and Tarak shouting.

"Tarak you're cheating. You did the same in the last round," screamed Mukti.

Tarak smirked and said, "What?? No, I didn't cheat in this game. Dii accept the fact that you can't beat me."

Then Mukthi started throwing pillows towards Tarak and started to chase him. Tarak started up running to save his life. When he saw nandini standing there, he ran near her and hide behind her, "Bhabhi....Please save me. You know I am innocent right. Please save an innocent from this devil."

"Tarak you're a cheater and Nandini too know about that. So she will not support you," said Mukthi.

"Guys guys stop this chase. First, explain to me what is happening here," asked nandini cluelessly.

"Nandini he cheated on this game. We made a bet that if he loses this game then he had to pay for my shopping. When he realised he was losing the game, he cheated on the game." clarified mukthi.

"Dii you're lying. Bhabhi you know I am an innocent. I would never cheat in a game." told Tarak. Mukthi scoffed at his statement.

"You're a cheater. Accept the fact bro!!!"

"Dii you're lying. I was playing honestly."

"Cheater, Cheater, Cheater..."

"No, you're a liar."

"Okay, guys stop this bickering and play another match" suggested Nandini. They both shouted no at the same time.

"No, I am not playing with a cheater again. But I have one idea. Nandini will play on behalf of me." told Mukthi.

"What?? Mukthi, no I am not playing. I am already tired of my work guys." confided Nandini.

"Please Nandini. Please for once play on behalf of me. Please please please please...." pleaded Mukthi. Nandini accepted to play after a lot of pleas.
When both of them started playing, nandini played slowly at first. "Nandini come on. You can win over him easily." cheered Mukthi.

Then Nandini increased her phase and started dominating the game. Within ten minutes she defeated Tarak. Mukthi happily shouted, "Wow Nandini won. Tarak, Now what will you do? You have lost the bet so we are going shopping tomorrow. And nandini will also join us. You have to pay for both of us."