Chapter 18

After a long time, Here is the next update.
This part is not edited.
__________________________

Manik's PoV

My visit to Nandini's house increased day by day. But we both talked less because I didn't go alone. I would go with either my Mom or any of my family members. I went there with them as I didn't want to experience that awkward situation yet another time. But the real reason that I felt in my heart is, I accused and yelled at her many times and showed my cold behaviour towards her but now I am behaving normally. So I thought she will negatively take this. That is I am being nice to her because I pity her for the accident or I felt guilty about my actions. So I went along with somebody daily.

On Hearing the good side of Nandini from everyone I wished to spend more time with her. I forgot all the sudden marriage dramas and wanted to talk with Nandini as Tarak did. I felt a bit jealous seeing Nandini laughing over Tarak's silly jokes. But mind remained me, 'Manik you can't be jealous over your own brother.'

One Sunday as usual I went to visit Nandini along with Tarak in the morning. When we both entered the house, we saw Abhi sitting in the living area. Usually, Abhi wouldn't be home at this time because of his work. But as it was Sunday Abhi was at home. Tarak went to meet Nandini directly while I went to talk with Abhi as it has been a long time since I meet Abhi. We knew each other from childhood but We both became so close during this small duration. I went near and saw Abhi immersed in some thinking.

I asked him, "Heyy. May I know what's cooking in your mind? And you look, serious man".

Hearing my voice Abhi came out from his thinking and answered me, "Hii Manik. Nothing serious just something regarding my work." I nodded my head.

"So you came alone?" asked Abhi.

"No Abhi I came with Tarak but as usual he went directly to see Nandini," I replied him. Then we both started talking about random things. But in the middle, Abhi got up suddenly and excused himself and went into some room. I became startled at his actions. I waited for Abhi to come back but he didn't come. So I stood up and followed the same direction as Abhi went.

While searching for him, I saw Abhi in a room with a lot of books.

That room neither looked like a library nor a workspace

That room neither looked like a library nor a workspace. It was a small yet elegant room. Abhi was working on his computer and talking to someone on the phone. I entered and started rooming around. There are several books. Actually, I hate books but I roomed around as I was bored. Books and me are opposite poles. I looked at those books for few minutes. In that, most of the books are romantic books and fictional ones. I randomly took one and started reading it to pass my time. I didn't read it I just saw the pictures in it.

Then Abhi ended his call and asked me, "So you too love reading books?"

I chuckled at his statement and said, "Books and I are incompatible ones. I hate them and what do you mean by you too? Did you mention about you?"