23. Epilogue

3 years later

9:45 am
V's office
Vantae fashion house
Seoul

"Here you go. Now artistic director of Vantae." Taehyung proudly grinned as he handed over the letter of appointment to Jennie, who excitedly smiled at it.

"A unanimous approval from all the directors. At least now you know that whatever you were doing, you must've been doing right." He smiled, kissing the girl on her neck as she sat on his lap, smiling excitedly at the paper.

"Oh my god finally. My dream job has finally been acquired." She squealed hugging him as he chuckled, wrapping his arms around her smaller frame.

"You did well. And now, we can finally stop sneaking around with our relationship. That was tiring as it is." He smiled as Jennie nodded.

"Yeah, I'm sorry for making you keep this a secret for so long." She smiled as she kissed him, him only kissing her back before they pulled away.

"Nonsense. If it meant to be with you, it was always worth it. Because now, we can finally get married." He smiled as he held her hand with the engagement ring, her giggling as she nodded.

"Yeah. My moms been pestering me forever. She's been talking about you ever since she met you two years ago. And now that we've moved in together, and then the engagement, she won't stop about planning the wedding." Jennie sighed as Taehyung only laughed.

"It's normal for mothers to do so. Besides, it's a big deal right? I do think people will be shocked though. Barely anyone knows despite the three years that passed." Taehyung pointed out as Jennie nodded, laying against him as she played with his rings.

"Wait a second, don't you have work to do?" She asked as Taehyung sighed.

"You've caught me. I guess it's time to get back to it huh." He asked as Jennie only nodded, getting up as well, as she prepared to go back, but Taehyung held her hand.

"One more surprise for you." He spoke as her rolled up the sleeve to his shirt, revealing a small tattoo.

Jennie gasped as she inspected it closer, almost tearing up at the sight of it.

"Aish you cry so much." Taehyung sighed with a smile as Jennie only laughed.

"Well who wouldn't have. How'd you even remember and replicate the handwriting?" Jennie asked in response.

Taehyung had gotten a tattoo, and it was emotional as it was Jennie's English name, Jennie Ruby Jane, tattooed in the same handwriting as all those years ago, when she'd first written it.

"I have my ways, I'm Taehyung after all." He grinned proudly as she held his hand, looking at it further.

"You shock me everyday, you know that? I'm bound to get a heart attack at the end of this." Jennie sighed as Taehyung chuckled, pulling her close into a hug.

"I won't let that happen. How can I survive without my soon-to-be wife?" He laughed as Jennie also chuckled at their antics.

Just then, a knock was heard as the pair pulled away, Taehyung calling them in.

Chaeyoung walked in with a grin, as both Jennie and Taehyung prepared for her commentary by staring at the figure, just as they'd gotten used to all this while.

"Hello Mr. And now, Mrs.Kim."

——————

The Elevator