12

01: 56 am
Elevator lobby
Vantae fashion house
Seoul

The doors opened as Jennie basically sprint out, bowing first to every member who had helped them break out of their metal prison, thanking the secretary, and offering a quick see you later as she checked her watch and ran.

Taehyung tried to stop her, reminding her that she hadn't given her number, but he was simply too slow.

Sighing, he simply watched her figure vanish before turning to his secretary who stared at him with a questioning gaze.

"Let's go to my office and sort this out."

——-

02:11 am
CEO office
Vantae fashion house
Seoul

"Care to explain Boss?" Chaeyoung asked as she closed the door behind her, once they had thanked and sorted out the matters with the people who had rescued them from the elevator.

"Well, I got hungry and decided to get food. However, the building lost power and we were trapped in the elevator from around 5 hours now. It really makes me think we should have a better emergency button, and probably have night staff working to prevent this. Jot that down." He said as he sat in his seat, quickly signing off his pending work and re allocating materials he would deal with the next day.

"Alright..." Chaeyoung said, noting it down before looking up again.

Before she could speak, she was cut off again.

"How'd you find us?" Taehyung asked as he kept his gaze down on his work.

"Well, I was checking in on your progress with the financial departments annual report, but you didn't reply for three messages already, which is unusual when you stay late. And so, just to be sure, I came in as you didn't pick up my calls either. And it was good that I did..." she trailed off, but it was easily noticeable as to what the woman was referring to.

"Hm." He hummed.

"Well Chaeyoung. Thank you for that. If it wasn't for you, we would've been stuck in there till the next morning." He thanked, as he was handed another paper by  Chaeyoung, who froze mid analysis and looked back up, crossing her arms.

"Speaking of 'we', what was happening between you and Ms.Kim there? Was a few hours of being stuck in an elevator enough for you to act like so?" She asked, a teasing grin visible on her face, as his pen had finally halted, shocking the girl even more.

"What do you mean?" Taehyung cleared his throat, which suddenly felt a little dry.

"Oh I don't know." She started sarcastically, before continuing pointedly.

"The longing gaze, the smile and giggle, her addressing you with your actual name... is there something else? Well other than the tousled hair and half dreamy expression?" She grinned further as she saw him writing again.

But she should've thought better. This was her boss after all, he was the one who had all the tricks up his sleeve and back doors out of situations.

"Even if there was something, how does it involve you?"

Chaeyoung gaped, not knowing how to answer to that.

But before she could, he had already spoken up again.

"Place an order for a bouquet of flowers to deliver tomorrow morning. Red Hyacinths to be specific. I think that flower will suit them well."