4.

9:00 pm
Elevator 3
Vantae fashion house
Seoul

And just like that, half an hour had passed by as if it was nothing, as they made small talk, conversing about where they were before, to which he swiftly lied.

He knew it was probably bad to conceal his status from her, especially because he knew how awkward it would get once she found out, but he couldn't help himself.

The light-hearted chatter, chuckling here and there, the informal speech and jokes; these were all things he was experiencing with her, where in normality he wouldn't be able to with any of his other employees.

Most of his friends also became tight lipped around him, and he hadn't had many experiences of having a girl friend, as with status comes the back stabbing nature of people.

So to be able to talk like this with another person who wasn't constantly walking on eggshells around him felt nice.

"Hey, what do you think of the new collection?" He asked, referring to the recent fall collection released by Vantae.

To be honest, he wasn't one to really design pieces for his brand, more like review them and add suggestions for modifications.

Taehyung was the one who built the image of the brand, the one who orchestrated the vibe of his pieces, what the story was.

It was a luxurious taste yes, but also combined the abstract art into multiple pieces, his main focus to make each look that graced the runways, magazines, red carpets, an art piece.

Each article of clothing had pinpointed designs, multiple being declined or put aside, as the brand was very particular.

Once in a while he designed side pieces, such as a hand bag design, maybe even a business look.

But the recent one was where he had designed the most pieces, a surprise to most as the designing department worked on enriching his ideas.

"Well, to be honest? It was similar, but different." She said as he looked at her puzzled.

"Do elaborate." He prompted as he grew slightly flustered by her habitual, barely a pout, pout. It was adorable on her, and despite her first impression he found her to be quite adorable in reality.

"Well you know, Vantae has had numerous collections which built its staple. And if seen from an outsider of fashion, or an outsider who was becoming an insider, or even someone who wasn't too affiliated with the house, they would realise that the signature Vantae style was right there." She started as he listened intently, viewing the pubic opinion on things.

Feedback was necessary, he knew that. And she made valid points, of course the signature style would be prevalent if the designer was the founder after all.

He was slightly glad that his motive had been carried out.

He couldn't explain why the season of fall struck to him, but it did, and those pieces was how the weather felt to him that year.

Just as he thought that was it, she began speaking again.

"But it was also different. It felt as if the story was being told too well. For someone who knows the brand well, like an involved department or a loyal supporter, they would tell." She began once again, as he grew intrigued again.

The collection had been doing well, great even, looking at the sales, so he was curiously involved in every criticism or  mistake he could get, for the next collection.

"It felt too personal. The job of a designer in Vantae especially is to make inspiring designs for everyone, but this felt too intimate with one person, not a team. The details were off, the usual precision was off, and it was a given as most designs were done by the founder with strict orders to not change much. There was no room for designers to actually carry out their job. The founder is great, he knows where his ideas are and what the brand should be, I'll give it that. But his designers should get more freedom to enrich his designs, he's a business graduate after all. Fashion is expression, yes, but we're a fashion house, we provide stories for the public, not for ourself solely." She ended, as he couldn't tear himself away as she spoke.

This was the first time he received such advice, and he couldn't help but feel his collection had gone wrong this time, and she was the first person to tell him.

He couldn't wait till the found out just to see her reaction, he thought, slightly chuckling as he could make out her confused reaction as well.