16.

11:07 am
Employee Break room
Vantae fashion house
Seoul

Jennie cracked her knuckles as she silently groaned at her exhausted state.

Sitting in a meeting for two hours really takes its toll on you.

She silently made herself a cup of coffee, and then finding a seat to sit down at to peacefully relax for a few minutes and then get back to work after.

As she sat down, she could hear what the two next to her her were saying, as the break room wasn't all that big.

"Yeah I heard from one of the staffs leaving today morning."

"Our boss? Really? Wah, that.. that's just so surprising."

"Tell me about it. And apparently she called him by his first name and he smiled at her?"

"No way. He doesn't even let his secretary call him that publicly."

Jennie chocked on her coffee as she heard that, quickly muttering a line of apologies as she coughed looking to the side.

"Uh, im sorry, are you new around here?" On of the two asked as Jennie finally regained her composure and nodded at them.

"Yes, I just started here." She smiled as she checked her watch, noting it was already time to go.

"You should join us, I don't think we've seen you around before." The other replied as Jennie shook her head with a smile.

"Although I would love to, I have a meeting in about 10 minutes." She informed as she put her cup in the sink, washing her hands in the process as she looked over with a smile.

"Oh really? Ah that's sad. What position are you? One of the models auditioning for the new makeup line?" One of the girls asked, as Jennie only chuckled with a smile.

"Me? A model? No. I'm the new director of the design department. Jennie Kim. Well then ladies, I'll take my leave." She smiled walking out as she took her hair out of the claw clip she used to pile it into a messy bun.

Her heels clicked against the floor as they slowly went out of audibility.

"What is this? Since when did directors get so pretty? Ah really, it's something to do with this company I swear. Our boss, and her, both?"

"Her? Wah, I really thought she was one of the beauty models. Or maybe even for the clothing line." They sighed as that was the last Jennie heard as she closed the door behind her, blushing hearing the compliments.

"I knew this company was too flirty...." She whispered to herself rubbing her wrists as she remembered about her meeting.

"Ms.Kim?" A voice called as Jennie turned to see an unfamiliar blonde woman calling out her last name.

Looking around she made sure there was no one around as her last name was quite common.

"Me?" Turning back, she pointed to herself a little unsure.

"Yes. I'm Chaeyoung, V's secretary. You are requested for a personal audience regarding new updates." Chaeyoung spoke as Jennie tensed at the name.

"I-uh, now?" She questioned as the latter nodded, while Jennie pursed her lips to think of an excuse.

"Ah, that's right. I can't make it right now. I have a meeting with the financial team to discuss the fund allocations for materials." Jennie quickly spoke, as the latter shook her head in response.

"Your meeting was moved to a further date due the meeting with V. The team also agreed to prepare more data, and so the meeting was moved to tomorrow. Instead, the meeting you had with the Event directors was moved to today evening." Chaeyoung clarified as Jennie sighed.

Of course they'd looked this through.

"Shall we?" The blonde asked as Jennie looked up and nodded, defeated, as she fiddled with her fingers following the woman.