2.

8:21 pm
Elevator 3
Vantae fashion house
Seoul

Taehyung's eyebrow rose as he saw an unfamiliar girl walking into the elevator, her head hung low as she was checking the time on her watch.

He had only planned to go down to the convenience store, as his assistant was gone and he wanted to grab a snack, and was on his way back up, when the elevator stopped for another employee.

What he didn't expect was an employee still being there, and one who looked as ravishing as she did as her head rose.

His eyes immediately noticed her alluring eyes and her plump lips, as he had realised she had to have been new.

Because there was no way a women such as her would be working on his company without his knowledge.

It came to his notice that she must have realised who he was, as her eyes had seem to widen when they made eye contact, however, that idea was washed away as soon as it floated over as the girl had greeted him, without referring to him as an employee would to their boss.

A brief second of awkward silence passed, but was cut off right then and there as he decided to familiarise himself with this new employee.

"Are you headed to the break room as well?" He asked, as Jennie looked over up once again due to their difference in height.

"Ah yes. I just got caught up in some work and desperately need coffee. You?" She retorted, as Taehyung could pick up on her Seoul dialect, meaning she was from the city.

Standing a little taller, he brought one of his hands out of from his pocket and dismissed his earlier position of leaning against the wall.

"I was grabbing something to eat, like one of the sandwiches maybe. Th-" he was going to continue but was cut off as the elevator suddenly shook, throwing Jennie off balance, especially in her long heels as she stumbled forward.

Taehyung gentlemanly caught her arm before she fell, his other hand using the rail to support his own self as the main lights all shut off.

The shock was so much that it took him a minute to realise that the female beside him had cursed out much vulgar vocabulary as she was falling, which for some reason, made it hard to not laugh at.

"Are you okay?" He asked as they steadied themselves once the elevator was stable.

Through a distant voice in the darkness, he finally heard her reply as the dim back up lights turned on, nowhere near the ambience of the previous lights, but it was enough to see clearly.

"Ah thank you for helping me earlier." Jennie thanked turning to face him, not forgetting her own manners.

"It's no problem." Taehyung confirmed, as he walked over to the lift controls.

"What happened? Did the power go out?" She asked as he attempted at hitting a few of the other floors, but to no avail.

"Yeah. If it was a maintenance problem we would still be able to call someone. However, that isn't working either." He answered, loosening his tie.

"Do you have your phone? I left mine downstairs." She muttered looking over at Taehyung as he pulled out his phone.

He felt her gaze on him as if expecting something, so it was to his disappointment as well when he reached No service.

"The elevator blocks the signal." He sighed, pocketing the phone again.

"So basically, we're stuck?"