Chapter 5

***
"Why don't we go for some pizza today instead of ice cream?" Rachel asked us.

"I'm fine with that." I said as the group agreed.

As we all four were walking after-school on the sidewalk a car pulled by honking at us.

We all looked to the car as it was Jai. I thought I would never see him again as it has been at least a week since we seen each other.

"Hey Felicity." He said with a cheeky smile.

"One sec." I said to the group as I walked to the car and stood in front of his door as he had his window fully down.

"Did you miss me?" He said with a smirk.

"No, I actually kind of forgot about you, but then I saw your car and then I remembered everything." I said as he frowned.

"Felicity..." I turned my head back to see that Jason was getting impatient.

"Hey um, do you want to come with us and eat some pizza?" I asked him.

"Sure, you guys can come in my car." He said.

"One sec." I told Jai as I walked to the group.

"Hey guys, Jai wanted to join so I said yes so like he said he can give us a ride." I said.

"Thats Jai? Damn he is cute." Rachel said.

I smiled, "Yeah I'm fine with that." Chris said.

"Jason?" I asked.

"I dont know, we barely know him." He said.

"Its okay he won't do anything, lets go!" I said grabbing Jason's hand as they three sat in the car as I sat in the passenger seat.

"So Jai this is Jason, Rachel and Chris." I said introducing them.

"Its nice to meet you guys." He said looking from the back mirror.

Jai began driving as the car ride was silent.

We reached the pizza place as we sat down on a booth as we all ordered our pizzas.

"So um Jai you are the one who hit Felicity." Rachel spoke.

"Yeah, felt really bad but thankfully shes fine." He said drinking a sip from his coke.

"How old are you?"Jason asked.

As I shot him a glare because of the way he said it.

"19" Jai replied.

"Do you have a job?" Jason asked again.

"I don't at the moment." He said.

"What about your family and everyone?" He asked.

I kicked his leg from under the table as he winced.

Jai was just staring down on the table looking upset.

I looked at Jason and nodded at him telling him to say sorry.

"Oh I'm sorry dude." Jason said.

"It's alright." Jai said as we were waiting for our food.

Rachel began talking as again everyone was trying to listen but once she starts talking a lot we kind of zone out.

I looked over at Jai who I caught staring at me as he quickly looked back down with a frown on his face.

It kind of bugged me seeing him so upset that I wanted to find out why.

He was sitting beside me as I reached over to his lap and grabbed my hand. Making it look casual as I didn't want the gang noticing.

Jai looked down at our hands and then back at me.

He got up and then began walking out.

"Jai." I called after him but he just walked out.

I went after him, and then he was standing out the restaurant with smoking.

"What was that about?" I asked him as he wasn't looking at me.

"I just really needed a smoke." He said bluntly.

"Yeah I can clearly see that, but why?" I asked trying to get him to look at me.

"Just felt like it." He said.

"Can you please look at me." I said alittle demanding.

He was just huffing and puffing his smoke.

"I guess it was a mistake to invite you to come with me and my friends." I said as I began turning around back inside.

I felt someone grab my hand and turn me around as I squeaked. It was such a blur but Jai's hand was tightly around my waist as I thought I was about to choke on air as I was holding my breath in knowing how close I was to his face. Our noses were almost touching as I was looking in his eyes noticing few tears.

He was looking in my eyes and too my lips.

He's not going to kiss me is he?

"Jai..." I whispered looking down to tje ground.

He let go as he stepped back.

"I'm so sorry, I-I'm just going to go home." He said nervously.

He dropped his smoke as he was jogging to his car before I could reply.

He drove off as I was just so confused, what just happened?

I kind of felt worried for Jai but then Jason came.

"Hey whats wrong?" He asked.

"Huh? Oh nothing, Jai just had an emergency so he left." I said.

"Oh okay come on your pizza is here." He said as I smiled at went back in with him but looked back out just to see if Jai came back or something, but he didn't.

I sat back down and tried to act like the normal me, as I spent a nice time with my friends. But every time I thought I got Jai out of my mind he would always come back.

What is he doing to me?