XXX- Lonely Valentines

Anna's POV

Valentine's Day was getting closer and closer. People forgot about the break out of Azkaban, their worries being swept away by the love in the air. Couples would ignore Umbridge's rule of boys and girls having to stay six feet away from each other, holding each others hands and stealing kisses here and there. Everyone seemed to ask out each other and they were all getting dates for this day of love. It made me sick, so many couples. Yet I couldn't ignore how I felt the urge to ask Pansy if she wanted to go with me.

"What do you think about Valentine's Day, Pans?" I said as I put my arm around her shoulder. She jumped slightly at my voice.

"Merlin Anna! You can't just sneak up on me like that!"

"Sorry darling, didn't mean to spook you." I grinned at her, desperately trying to ignore my racing heart.

"It's all a bunch of sickly loving bullshit if you ask me," she answered, not moving my arm from her shoulders.

"Really? So you don't wish someone would ask you out?" She let out a laugh at that.

"Oh, merlin, no." She shook her head. "No one could possibly get a yes from me."

"Pansy! You promised to come help me find my outfit for my date later!" Greengrass called.

"Coming Daphne!" She turned to me, mouthing the words 'help me' before catching up to her.

"That's a shame," I whispered to myself.

I let my smile fall as soon as she turned in the next hallway. Damn it. Pull yourself together, Anna. It wasn't like she had rejected me, right? An arm made it's way around my neck and pulled me in someone as they ruffled my hair.

"You're so whipped, Anna."

"Oh, fuck off Nev."

"Did you ask her out?" he smiled.

"No. She said, and I quote 'No one could possibly get a yes from me.' So I don't really think I have a chance." I tried not to appear to bummed out but I felt myself fail miserably.

"She said no one."

"Yes, I heard."

"You're not no one, Anna. You're the one and only Anna Potter, amazing chase from the quidditch team that has been recruited by the Montrose Magpies! That's not no one." He smiled brightly at me as he comforted me.

"Of course, I'm way too amazing to be qualified as 'no one'," I laughed.

"Be careful there, Neville. We don't want her head to get too big," Luna laughed.

"Luna! You wound me, Angel."

"Oh my apologies, Star! Is there anything I can do to make it up to you? I would do anything to make it up to you!"

"I'm afraid you have just engaged yourself into doing a quidditch pit turn on my broom with me," I grinned.

"No! No please, anything but this!" She begged, putting her hands together in front of her and giving me puppy eyes.

"Fine, I'll spare you for today." Luna and Neville looked at me weirdly. She put her hand on my forehead.

"Who are you and what did you do to our Star?" Neville asked.

"I'm fine, guys." They didn't seem to believe me. "I am, really."

"Alright. You know you can tell us anything though, right?" Luna said, still looking worried.

"You know, I actually have a doubt. We totally haven't been saying the same thing for four years now, so I'm never quite sure."

"Oh shove off." Neville pushed my shoulder lightly.