Part-3 The stage of Attraction and Attachment

Have a good read 😊

------------------------------------------------

Virat was standing in the middle of his room for the last twenty minutes. What he was doing? He was trying to find the perfect spot to keep the little bamboo plant, Vimboo to be specific. It took him another few minutes to finally place it on small table near the bed rest so that he could see it every morning as soon as he opens his eyes.

Now the other struggle was to find another place for the magical shells. He thought of every possible scenario, if he keeps it on the shelf there is a risk of maid mistakenly breaking it. If he keeps it on his dressing table it might get dirty. But there was much bigger risk, Mohit, Samrat and Shivani bua will keep troubling him by asking infinite questions. Taking all the points in consideration he decided to keep it safely in the locker.

He changed into his pyjamas went to lie on his bed. He was lost in reminiscing someone's spell binding smile. It was just few hours since he met her still, he was feeling as if it's been days since he saw her. He scrolled her phone's gallery. He realised he didn't have any photo with that 'someone' except for the one that was clicked on his welcome ceremony in Gadchiroli; when he was asked to present memento to her. He cropped her pic to set it as a caller's picture. He strongly wished to click a selfie with her whenever he meet her next. Something clicked in his mind, he immediately opened WhatsApp to check her display picture, there was photo of her with her Aaba. 'Please allow me to save it' he admiringly requested to the picture and took a screen shot of it. He kept looking at the picture till sleep spread it's wings and closed his eyes.

On the other side of the city, in her apartment, Sai too couldn't stop smiling. It's been so long since she was this happy. She was feeling content to make him smile. The day was well spent. 'I never knew that khadoos Gabbar can be this sweet too' she mumbled in herself and laughed in her own. Though she was much more in senses than Virat. She reminded herself to get back to the real time and went on to sit on her study desk with bundle of thick books.

Yet another morning came, but this morning felt different to Virat. He got up with a smile and softly touched tiny leaves of his Vimboo. He realised he haven't asked Sai about taking care of the plant. It was yet another excuse of his heart newly experiencing the feeling of 'attraction'. And without looking at the time he dialled her number

It was five, he might have woken up but half of the city was still in deep slumber including late night awaken Sai. She looked at her ringing phone with her blurred vision and picked up his call. "Hello" said Sai in her sleepy voice by keeping her phone on her ear.

"Virat here" he stupidly said

"Haan to boliye na! (Speak up)" she said while her eyes still closed

"Are you sleeping??

"Nights are for sleep. I guess" though she was in partially awake still her befitting replies were on point.

"I am so sorry go to sleep" he apologised and disconnected the call

He checked his watch. 'You are truly an idiot Vitat' he slapped himself. He felt as if he has committed some greatest sin. His program on bed wasn't ended yet, he went on to search on his phone 'Lucky Bamboo Care Guide' he made notes on his mind; watering routine to growing tips for the plant. He kept the little bamboo near the window for sunlight and went to get ready for his work.

After an hour when Sai got up. While brushing her teeth she remembered about his call. She checked her phone to ensure whether it was her dream or he actually called. She immediately called back but Virat had already exhausted his battery in staring at the 'caller's' picture.