Quest of Unknown

"Do you even realise what you are asking me to do?" Sunny loudly said, unable to hear such thing from his IPS friend, the one who always used to give him lectures on moral values

"I know that well. Just tell me, you are going to help me or not?" Virat restlessly asked

"Bhai, You are asking me to stalk a girl. Do you know how wrong it is" Sunny said

"Watch your words. I just want to assure if she is living comfortably and safely or not. Sunny,  she is my responsibility. I know she don't want me to do that but that doesn't change the truth. Kamal Sir (he paused for a second then gulped his pain and continued) her father was her only family. I can't leave her like that"

"Fine, what do you want me to do?" Sunny surrendered to his friend's earnest words

"I want to know everything. When she leaves, how is she managing her financial expenses. How much money she had in her bank. Her daily schedule. About her neighbourhood. Vitthal is still out it's not that difficult for him to come to Nagpur to harm her. I just want to assure her safety. I can't trust anyone other than you for this work. Please bhai, I can't do it myself you know the reasons"  Virat explained

Within two days he had every information on his table along with Sunny.

"She leaves her hostel at 5 to Haldiram's factory, where she works till 9. Then 10 to 5 college. Afterwords she works as a receptionist at her college's hospital till 10" Sunny said 

"But is she is doing such odd jobs? She is a scholarship student" Virat asked

"Bhai, Scholarship doesn't cover tuition fees. Then rent. There are a lot of expenses. Plus she sends money to her relative . . .  Usha Maushi" He explained

"Out of all this when she studies?  I hope that stubborn girl knew the difficulty of MBBS. What does she think of herself? Super woman? Why can't she take help from me? I am just asking her to take it as a loan" Virat was losing her patience, thinking about the life of pampered girl, father's princess had to live.

Her words in car, when he was dropping her back home from the safe house 'Now me and Aaba will live happily in Nagpur. I will pack my bags as soon as I reach home.'

Next day he was standing outside Sai's college at 5 in the evening. He walked behind her ensuring his safe distance. She stopped at the grocery store and came out with a packet of biscuit. She sat on the bench and over stuffed her mouth with biscuits. She didn't had a will to eat but she knew she had to eat for the sake of living. She struggled to gulp in down in her stomach. She realised it wasn't just the biscuits that's  stuck in her throat. It was her aching pain that wasn't allowing her to swallow her food. She was about to broke into tears but she knew she can't fall weak. So she took deep breath, looked up to the sky. She then took out her water bottle to drank all the water in one go. She again lifted her body to move on to her workplace.

Some one observing her from the corner, feeling the pain of her, Virat again felt the short of breath. He fell down on the floor.

"Sunny, I should have agreed to the villagers. I should have agreed to marry her. Atleast she didn't have to go through such tough life" He blabbered

"Virat. . .Virat. . . Bhai please stop blaming yourself. She has chosen that life for her. In these two days I understood one thing about her. She is a really strong girl. She holds the strengths to face any difficulties of her life" Sunny tried to console his friend

"I know. But she don't deserve this. She don't deserve such hardships" He said with his moist eyes.

"Virat, You know marrying wasn't an option. Don't you know your family? I am sorry for being blunt but they would have never accepted her. It would have only worsen her life. Do you think she will be able to survive the taunts of your family" Sunny sat down to his level.

"I know but atleast I would have the rights to protect her. What should I do now?" Virat said

"Live your own life and let her live hers. She will manage herself" He tried to give and assurance to his friend while he was unsure from inside. "Let's go home"

"You can go. I need to stay alone for some time" He got up and walked ahead. He didn't knew where he wanted to go but he didn't want to stop.

May be sky too felt the fire of pain burning inside him. The tiny rain drops fell on her face tried to soothe him. But soon it turn into a sharp arrow like drops hitting on her face. People around him were running to find the shelter while he kept walking. He knew he can't go back in past to change the things. If it was in his hands he would have happily sacrificed his life to save that happy family. He knew he can't but he knew he can make the future better. But he didn't knew how? How he can do it? What he can do to make the things atleast a little better?

-----------------☆☆☆☆☆☆☆-------------------

Thank you for Reading 🙏

Apologises for not uploading the chapters. Also for the late night update.

I will try to uploaded the next ones soon. Though updates will be irregular.

You might find some similarities between Sai' character of this story and my other story 'Sincerely yours'. But I can assure, plots are different.

This one is a on a serious side. So you may not find funny elements. Atleast for some more chapters. You can chose not to read if it's too heavy for you.

Do vote and comment as it helps a lot

Next- Finding the Smile

ShwethaRajkumar thank you for reminding me. It made me shake all the wires of my brain to complete the chap.