Part 1- The stage of Attraction and Attachment

Have a good read 😊

---------------~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~-------------

Winters were approaching. The trees had shed the last of their leaves. It was one of those unusual afternoons when the sun and last-year rain were playing hide-and-seek. In the silence of the afternoon, Sai locked up the door of her rented apartment. Here Virat still struggling to choose the perfect outfit for the day. First ever in life, his two wardrobes full of clothes he couldn't find single good thing to wear. He was confused between shirt or tshirt, if shirt; full or half, plain or strips jeans or trousers, basically he was confused about everything.

In midst of the the kiosk he had created on his bed, he looked at text 'Be there in an hour' and all his confusion vanished in a second, he quickly grabbed black t-shirt from the hill of clothes to pair with white pants. He ran out his room with yellow jacket in his hands.

He reached to the Ambazari lake. The largest one of the eleven lakes in Nagpur, the Ambazari lake is situated near the southwest border of the city. This lake is the point from where the Nag river originates. The lake is surrounded by mango trees, gaining the name Ambazari, as Amba means Mango in Marathi, the local language.

As soon as Virat parked his car and came out, he saw Sai happily waving at him. She wore nice black sleeveless kurti. She had always been a beautiful girl but now someone had started noticing that beauty of her. For the first time ever in life he was observing kajal of any girl's eyes, the glossy lips, the way she had side parted her long wavy hair, the glow her cheeks, that little mole under her eyes. He felt himself magnetically attracted towards her. In Sai's third call he realised she was shouting his name, that lost he was.

"So, why do you call me here?" Virat asked to hide his abnormally high heartbeats.

"I will tell you. But can we walk to some quiet place first?" Sai replied, which made Virat to hear the honking sound around the parking lot.

Till the moment they reached the bank of the lake neither of them talked and all that was audible was the sound of their footsteps and small hawkers requesting the passer-by to buy their things. They reached to the distant place, there was hardly anyone around except for them.

"Isn't pleasant here? The lake looks best from here. During the initials days when I was searching for jobs and I wasn't getting the suitable one as per my schedule. I was little upset so I was roaming around this lake and mistakenly discovered this place" Sai said. It was surprising for Virat he was visiting this lake since childhood but he never knew about that remote crowd free place.

"It's breath-taking" Virat replied, though it was hard to say which scenic beauty he was referring to, the lake or the girl sharing her words to him.

"Let's sit here." She gently pulled his arm and pointed to the two small rock near the water. She bent down and blowed the dirt then cleaned the stone with her handkerchief for him. It was obvious for him to take some time to get used to of her little gestures for him. He was so astonished that he forgot to thank her. He was simply following her words; more than words her eyes which had no bitter feelings for him.

"I wanted to give something to you. I could do that anywhere but I specially bought you here because I felt it will make your heart at peace. It's too soothing here that when you keep looking at the water you will forget every tension, every problem of your life. You too have gone through a lot in these few months." She said while sitting beside him.

"I want to give this to thank you for accompanying me to Gadchiroli, for taking action against Vitthal, for everything that you did for me in Gadchiroli; from filling form for me to listening to me on the lake side. But most importantly for bringing all those things from my house. I can't even tell you how much they mean to me. I almost lost the hope that I will ever be able to keep them with me" she took out the big box from her bag and handed over the box to him.