Light Smiles

Have a good read 😊

-----------------------------------------------------------

Sai entered her classroom walked to her designated place. There were no set places but somehow it usually became habitual for everyone to sit at the certain place with certain someone. Same happened with Sai. Since the first day she sat with this cute charming boy of the class; Aniket. There was unspoken friendship between them. He always helped her with books while she helped him with the lecture notes. Even if one gets late other one saves the seat for the other. Effortlessly Sai had formed her small circle of friends. Started from her seat partner Aniket, her library mate; Milind, Ami; her foody buddy and Ajinkya the informer; who always keeps her updated about the college procedurals. She didn't talk too much with anyone but the bond was brewing special.

As she walked to her place, her small gang waved at her. She too responded with a pleasing smile. After the class, they walked to the canteen.

"You guys go. I am getting late for my work" Like every other day Sai excused

"You always try to skip like that. You have good one hour" Aniket said

"Yes, sometimes you should chill with us" Ami pulled her to the canteen. Sai couldn't deny to that intentionally fake innocent puppy faces. There is a saying goodness shines. The same happened with Sai. In just few days,
None of them knew much about her but the concern they had for each other was heart-warming. May be the pain in her eyes communicated to theirs. They always made sure that she eats well and feel the comfort in the college. Sai was thankful from her heart to have such nice souls around her.

She came back home after encountering routinely same smile on the stair case. She was about to land up on her bed when her phone bumped. It was yet another message from her father's bank. She had been ignoring since a week. The fixed deposit that his father had made for her matured a month back. It was fourth reminder for her to transfer the money or else it will lapse. She now knew the value of money to the core. She can't afford to let it go. This time she read the text loud. She knew this time she can't push it further. It wasn't just simply visiting his bank and finishing the formalities. It would be walking down the memories lane of the each and every moments she had lived with her Aaba, now familiarly unknown; Gadchiroli.

But visiting Gadchiroli wasn't just limited to the memories. A strange fear rolled down her stomach. That evil laugh of vicious Japtap after killing her father echoed in her ears. His father, Vitthal Mane's cruellest smile making fun of her father martyrdom in the hospital. He was still out there. Roaming freely like a ruthless king in the streets of Gadchiroli. She was feeling a fear within her to visit her own home town. She got up and washed her face then looked up to her reflection in the mirror. She took a deep breath and remembered her Aaba's fearless face roaring like a tiger to those coward goons. She got a slight side of the her Aaba's tigress who used to give smack on the faces of such idiots; the one who fearlessly wrote 'loser' on the forehead of mousy Jagtap. She wiped the water dropping down her face and gave a confident smile to herself. Then went on to pack her bags.

'Just keep my number with you. If ever you felt that you need me. I am just a call away' Suddenly she remembered someone's exact words while chaining up her bag. She left the chain halfway and scoured her college back. Name card popped out from the small pocket with IPS Virat Chavan written in bold. He slid it in her bag the day she went to meet him at his office. She wondered how can she remember his exact words and why at that particular moment.

She took out her phone. His name was saved in her contact list. She remembered how he made her to save it in Gadchiroli. It was a fated mistake that she clicked on the dial. 

-----------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for Reading 🙏

Its a short update, Will be dropping one more in the evening

Keep reading and commenting 🙌

Next- Same but different