In the Lake, Under the Stars

Have a good read 😊

------------------~~~~~~~~~~~~-------------------

"Maushi, You wanted to talk to me? " looking at the hesitancy on Usha's face Virat himself asked

"Ji, Thank you for taking care of Sai" Usha politely said

"I didn't do anything. Sai is capable enough to take care of herself. In fact she manages everything by herself in Nagpur" Virat praised

"When she left Gadchiroli we asked her to call you for any help but she did not even wanted to hear your name."

"I understand her stance Maushi. Her anger was justified" Virat mended in

"It is your godness that she has come back with you. It's good to see friendship between you both." She continued

'Friends? Are we really friends?' His mind questioned

"I don't know about friendship but now we meet each other with a smile" he amusingly said

"I can see that in your eyes. Situations has made her matured before time. But I know her since childhood she too kind for this world. She always think about others first because of that she sometimes had to face problems because of that. Kamal dada used to say that anger always stays on Sai's nose. She often says things that she doesn't mean when she is angry. Please don't mind those things." Usha said. There was only love for Sai in her eyes. Since the day Sai left she had been living with an unknown fear in her heart; about Sai's safety, how is she going to manage everything alone in an unknown city around unknown people. Afterall she was just a nineteen year old teenager for her. But somewhere Virat's presence around her daughter made her heart at ease. She was assured about her safety.

"I know that Maushi. Who can know this better than me! Everyone gets angry though Sai gets bit more than others" He said with a smile.

"You know after Kamal dada only you can calm her anger. Though she denied getting married to you. You too didn't wanted that marriage. But I still stick on my decision. You both were perfect for each other. When I first met you I always wished Sai to get married to someone like you. Please don't take my words otherwise I have always loved her as my own daughter. I only want her good." she quickly realised that her words can bring awkwardness in that budding friendship.

Samrat words once again made a comeback to Virat's ears. 'Mrs Sai Joshi, Your wife'. Does people around him consciously triggering subconscious wish of his mind?

"There is nothing like that. But yes I will take care of her. Just be assured for her safety" he tried to convince though it was doubtful whether he was convincing her or his anxious mind.

Adding to his anxiousness, his phone rang, the name itself bought soothing smile on his face. He energetically replied "Yes, Sai"

"I called you to ask about tomorrow's timings? I mean when will we be leaving tomorrow." Sai asked

"I was thinking to leave early morning you will also get time to prepare for your college?" He replied

"Time boliye na?" She repeated

"4 or 5? But one minute why are you asking? What's going on in your mind?" He doubted

"Nothing! What will I plan?" Sai tried to sound innocent

"Saiiiii" he sternly called

"I just want to see the lake. Don't worry it's on the way. You just pick me up at 5 from the lake?" She said

"When will you go then?"

"At 4?" She replied

"Ohkay!" He said and hung up. He then went on to set an alarm of 3.30 am and lied on the bed. By now he has started understanding Sai. If he knew she will never allow him to accompany him if he asks her but she won't deny if he directly land in front of her.