The Sweetly Sour Banter

Happy Reading 😊

----------------~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~--------------

Sai and Virat were ready to bid goodbye to everyone.

"Sai, you just meet everyone I have an important thing to do. Just five minutes" Virat said while gesturing Inspector Pawar to come along

Sai went to hug her Usha Maushi

"I will soon come back to take you with me." Sai said.

"Take care of yourself" she said and kissed her forehead while giving a hundred rupee note in her hands.

"Maushi! Keep it with you. You will need it" Sai gave it back to her

"Now you will stop your Maushi. Itni badi ho gayi hai? (You aren't that old!)" She pulled her ears.

"Achha sorry sorry!!"

"You have forgotten to oil your hair haina?" Usha scolded

"After reaching back I will pour whole bottle in my head okay?" Sai teasingly said

"You were Kamal sir's pride. We will be waiting for you to welcome as Dr Sai Kamal Joshi" Kale Kaka caressed her hair while she touched his feet.

"If you have any problem don't hesitate to call your Virat Sir" Usha added. This time Sai gave an assuring nod.

"Please come back soon" Pari said as Sai gave a box of watercolours to her.

"I will" she said while giving a peck on her cheeks.

She has already met every one twice.
She again looked around for the man whose five minutes wasn't over yet.
He came back after forty minutes. He intentionally avoided eye contact with Sai. He very well knew Sai might be staring at him with her big ball eyes as he bid final good bye to everyone.

"Chale Sai!" He said by adding extra politeness in his tone

"Ji!!" She said by grinding her teeth.

Both walked to the car. He knowingly took her bag to adjust it on the back seat. He didn't knew he can be smart to catch the criminals but it's almost impossible for him to escape from Miss Sai's detective eyes.
Poor boy hasn't knew yet 'Sai Joshi pakde Sachhe Doshi' (Sai Joshi who can catch culprits in a minute).

She looked at the back seat that didn't had an inch of space. There were two huge boxes and something distortedly covered in an old bed sheet. She immediately said what Virat didn't want to hear "What is all this Virat Sir?"

"Ye!! I have just bought few things" Mr IPS looked like a kid who has been caught by his teacher for eating chocolates during the class.

"Few?? There isn't any space for air. What have you bought that too from Gadchiroli?" She asked

"It's something that I can't find in Nagpur" he excused

"What's that??" She went on

"Aren't you asking too much questions? Can't I buy something for my family" he might be the only one who can actually maks use of Sai's spontaneous anger for his smart escape. His brilliant plan worked Sai's  anger mode was immediately activated. He knew her exact reply "ha lijiye jo lena hai mujhe kya! (Buy whatever you want! I am least interested)

He smiled at his small victorious escape while wearing his seat belt.
Though he knew his victory was going to cost him Sai's silence and sarcastic replies till they reach Nagpur.

"Let's stop here for a tea break? Or should we stop at midway treat?" He asked after an hour's drive

"I don't want to give too many answers. So why don't you decide on your own" she satirically replied with a smile. Her cuteness was about to make him burst into laughter but he smartly controlled as he knew his laughter will add fuel to his own ignited fire.

"Now that someone don't want to answer too many questions let me just bring vada pao and Tea for myself" he teasingly said "Okay-okay I will bring for you too. Waise bhi it's too dangerous to keep an angry tigress hungry" he added by looking at his angry filled eyes.

"Waise Sai you look quite cute when you get angry. Though you are always angry" he teased

"Ha and you always look like a 'Gabbar' no matter what you do" she agitated but this man was enjoying the their sweetly sour banter.

"Only for you!" He said and laughted uncontrollably "I mean only you think like that. Other wise I am purely a gently gentle man" he immediately added

"Oh yes so gentle! I saw your gentleness. That Vitthal landed on floor just by a single punch of yours!" Sai reverted. Virat's expression changed in a second. It was quite clear from his eyes that he didn't liked her joke.

"But it was really good! Seriouly you looked like a South Indian movie's hero. Mast!" She added and he melted in a second with a broad smile on his face.

"You know how my Kaku says 'Mast ha Mast' he mimicked.

"What??? How cute!!!!!!!!!!! Do that again" Said Sai. It was quite ambiguous whether she found that expression cute or the whole man who was mimicking it 'Only for her'.

"Oh ho someone is finding 'Gabbar' cute. Mast ha mast" he teased

"You can never be cute!!!" She muttered

Amidst of their sweet sour banter none of them realised when the car stopped in front of her apartment's building. Sai came out of the car.

"Okay, Bye fir" Virat tried to make an innocent face. There was something going on his mind. He knew he has taken a huge risk he was thinking about all possible reactions from the girl who was smiling at him right now.

"Bye" she said for the third time as Virat didn't moved an inch back to his car.

"You go! I have an important call to make" he took out his phone and acted

"Okay" she doubtedly said and left.

Exactly after an hour her doorbell rang. As she opened the door she found Virat standing at her door with sweat on his forehead and something similar to smile on his face.

--------------☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆----------------

Thank you for Reading 🙏

Hope you like the chap!

Can you guess the reason for Virat's visit?

Do vote and comment your views!!

Next- The Sweetest Surprise

P.S Can you guess the Surprise? 😉

S Can you guess the Surprise? 😉