Chapter 1: Yoona & Yasmin

YOONA

"Don't forget to bring the fruits, Yoona!"

"Yes Uncle!" I answered him as I prepare my bike and head to the market.

I'm Yoona Roberts. I'm an ordinary girl, having such very ordinary life. I live with my Uncle in this town called SMTown and we both have very normal lives.

Well scratch that bull, I'm Yasmin. I'm the infamous monster and ice princess here in SmTown, rumored to have killed and burned a town in Moon Kingdom in the Mysterious Planet.

2 identities, 2 personalities. That's me. This is my life.

At home, I act my age. Like a normal girl with no problems in life. But once out of the house, an ice princess that everyone fears.

SmTown is the only town here on Earth which knows about the existence of beings outside the galaxy.

Which concludes that everyone knows I made history. They know about the incident, though it happened years ago.

Of course, who wouldn't forget the most terrifying incident in FushigiBoshi if that incident was because of the 7-year-old me?

Mom said that it wasn't my fault, though. It was some witch's fault named Jezzy of some sort.

I got no interest in that anyway. I came to a conclusion that I actually was born in a cursed family, like they say. At least that's probably a more suitable reason why I did a crime.

I only have Uncle Sam now, and he's the only one I could lean on to.

I enter the market and everyone's heads turn to face me. They then started murmuring to their selves, probably about why I'm still freaking alive. I just place a poker face like I always do and hurriedly went inside a fruit store, where Uncle Sam's friend, Chris, owned.

"Hello Sir." I greeted as soon as I got in. His face then popped out from the kitchen door, with a smile on his face. He's in his early thirties now, with a wife and 2 kids.

"You're early Yasmin." He said. I just gave him a 'so-what' look. He chuckled and went in his kitchen. "Alrighty, here are the fruits." He said as he handed me the said fruits of Uncle.

Chris knows about the rumours about me but nonetheless, he still treated me like I'm human. At least that's a motivation in my life.

I bid goodbye to him and went my way home. Still, with the stares nonstop.

Because of frustration, I step on the pedals hurriedly and went towards the nearest shallow path. I stopped and looked around the place.

"No one's here. Good." I said to myself then teleported home.

~~~~~

I found myself already in the kitchen, with Uncle Sam being startled at my sudden appearance. He spat out the water that was in his mouth since he was drinking when I arrived.

I chuckled and handed him the fruits for his diet. "Sorry for teleporting so suddenly, Uncle. Its just that I can't take their awful stares and gossips anymore." I exclaimed to him and slumped myself at the couch. I hear him sigh and open the fridge.

"It's okay for you to teleport, okay, " he stopped midway and sat the armchair across me. "Yoona, why do you have to frame yourself as Yasmin? Why won't you just forget and don't mind them?"

"How would I do that if they won't even let me do it? You know me Uncle, I can't take strong emotions, it'll affect myself and them." I told him. He just let out another deep sigh and gave up.

"I know Yoona. But it doesn't mean that once you'll have strong emotions, everything is ruined. Being cold isn't the solution to your problems, Yoona." Those were the words I heard from him then a sound of a closing door is heard thereafter.

It's been like this almost everyday. I always have my facade on out of the house, being the always known ice princess. What Uncle Sam said is the only thing I'm really worried about. Now that I'm already like this, I don't even have the slightest idea how to get rid of it. Moreover, I'm afraid of what might even happen.

I just sighed and shrugged it off and turned on some music.

"By the way Yoona, school's starting soon so we'll be going to the academy garden for the clean-up week. Prepare some stuff, okay?" Uncle said from the door. I answered him with an 'Okay' then focused on the screen.

I'm actually home-schooled because one of Uncle's friends is a teacher. I'm a one-of-a-kind she said to me once. Maybe because I am able to answer a Math problem in less than a minute.

I may sound like a fool but being Yasmin though is much better than Yoona. Even if Uncle is still here, I know that someday, he'll have to leave and rest in peace with Mom.

I decided since then that by next year, I'll have to go to the Human World, where the real Earth exists. A world where no one knows my past and powers.

I sighed again and started to think about tomorrow. Looks like school is almost here too. Work is almost here then. I stretched my arms and head towards my room.

"How I miss that garden" I whisper to myself.

~~~~~

"Are you done Yoona!? You do know that we're getting late!"

"I know uncle! Just wait for a moment!"

"Oh where is it?" I thought as I scramble through everything in my drawer. I knew I placed it here somewhere.

"Yes, found it!" I exclaimed in happiness. My eyes then widen in realization and I quickly checked my surroundings. Phew, nothing seemed to be affected by my sudden scream.

I held out the item on my hand and looked at it with a smile. It's my Mother's Family Locket.

Mom told me to keep this thing at all costs. Don't know why I have to though. I wore it around my neck and hastily grabbed my bag. I rushed downstairs and headed to the door.

"There you are! Come on!" Uncle said as soon his eyes laid on me. I rolled my eyes and giggled. I grabbed my bike and followed Uncle going to the garden.

What will happen today?

~~~~~

EDITED•