I will always love you Papa

Onika- Age 8
Dec. 10

Today was the day that my Papa said he would take me to get my nails done for the first time! I'm so excited because Mommy said she didn't have time to take me for my birthday. It made me really sad because I love to do things with my mommy, but she's always busy.

Papa's never really home but he said he promised to come today. Papa always keep his promises.

It was almost time for him to come. I'm currently sitting in the living room watching TV while waiting for him. I want to walk right out the door as soon as he walks in.. Yes I'm that excited so what !?!

It was 10 minutes later when I heard someone knock at the door. Mommy was in her office working, and even though I'm not supposed to open the door, I knew it was Papa. So I wouldn't get in trouble, right?

So, I opened the door and to my surprise, it wasn't my Papa. Instead it was some tall man with an ugly gold tooth. Now I'm scared because not only did I open the door, I opened it for a stranger... And I didn't even say who is it!!!! I'm gonna be in so much trouble.

Because of the stupid alarm system Mommy got last month, she knew I opened the door already. So there was no turning back now.

Mommy came running out of her office to the front door, and when she saw I opened the door, she immediately gave me THAT look. And I'm sure you know the look I'm talking about.

The ugly man and Mommy shared a look that I couldn't really understand. It's like they are having a conversation with there eyes.

She then looked at me and said, "Nika go to your room and don't come out. I'll deal with you opening this door later."

Holy moly !!!! I'm scared now!!! What if she gives me one of those whoppings?? Or even worse, what if she says I can't get nails anymore ????

It was a couple of minutes later and Mommy came into my room to tell me I was allowed to come out. As soon as I walked into the living room it went downhill for me.

"Onika how many times do I have to tell you NOT to open my door!?", Mommy yelled.

"Sorry Mommy, I thought it would be Papa to get my nails.", I responded with fear in my voice. I really wanted my nails.

Surprisingly she just sighed and told me to sit on the couch. I obeyed and sat down with her sitting next to me. She was being so nice...

Mommy then explained to me why I shouldn't open the door without an adult around. Not that this was the first time. But like any other time I listened and said, "Sorry Mommy, I won't do it again."

Hours went by and there was another knock at the door. This time I went to Mommy's office and told her there was someone at the door.

Mommy opened the door and there stood my Papa. But he didn't look like his normal self. He looked....bad. Papas clothes were all messed up and he was very sweaty.

"Oh no Robert, not this again." Mommy said.

"Papa are you ok?" I asked. He just looked at me with defeat in his eyes. "Go upstairs Nika Bear", Mommy said. I knew something was wrong because that was the only time she really called me that.

I didn't want to leave my Papa so I just stood there. I guess Mommy knew I wasn't backing down so she just sighed and let Papa in.

We all walked to the couch and Papa told me to come here. I walked over to him and he pulled me to his lap. I loved sitting with Papa. I just loved my Papa so much.

"I'm so sorry Nika Bear, but we can't get your nails today pooh." And then I really knew something was up. HE CALLED ME POOH!

"But Pap-" I started, but he cut me off crying really hard.

"I'm so sorry, I know your disappointed, but just know I love you. I would never try and hurt you pooh. Please don't be mad at Papa." he cried.

"I'm not mad Papa, are you ok? Why are your clothes like this?" I asked just confused.

"Nothing important. Just remember Papa will always love you no matter what. I know you probably don't even care to say it back right now but-" he rambled.

"I will always love you Papa, no matter what."

Hiiiiii !!!! This is my first book EVER ! Please vote and comment !! Please give feedback or any tips. I plan on getting better as I go. I would love to read some of you guys' comments. It'll help me with what happens next.