Chapter 51: Who would've thought?

×🥀×

×🥀×

Author's Pov

There is always a reason behind every move. A life-ending insult behind every motive. A humiliation for being un-unique.

It was exactly why people are villains in this messed-up society.

The bunch of high society members who were standing in front of the villain they once created, were far inferior to him.

The ritual was done. Without any problem and the ruler's bodies were starting to get colder every moment that passed by.

Their eyes were barely opening but yet he questioned the guy who decided to kill him, "W-Why did you do this?" His voice shutters.

"Why?" He laughed like a maniac, his daughter was still immersed in how her body was reacting to the powers she just received.

"Because you ruined my life!" He shouted everyone watching fell into silence. Especially, his adopted child who had no idea about this situation whatsoever.

"Every time, since I was a child, I always dreamed of descending the throne, trained myself to death just so I could make my parents proud for once! But no, you!" He stopped, as his finger pointed at the injured King.

"You took away everything from me! I trained so hard but someone like you who wasn't even born here took away the throne-like it was nothing.

I still remember how disgusted my dad looked at me, I was supposed to make him proud not disappointed! I had no one left while you enjoyed your life as a King!" There was a pain in his words.

There was pure stillness among those who grew up with them and saw those things happen in front of their eyes. They never knew the true motive.

"You knew how strict my dad was, you knew how much I trained to win that battle and yet you took away everything like it was nothing." Jiwoon looked at the guy in guilt.

He knew better than anyone how much his friend wanted to be the King but this wasn't his choice. He was chosen because he won not the other way around.

"You weren't good enough that's why you lost! You should've accepted that truth long ago!" He shouted back with all his strength. It wasn't his responsibility.

"I wasn't good enough? Really then, now see how merciless I became because of you!" He spat out in outrage.

The others tried stopping him but before they could even take a step forward, his companion, Jin stopped them.