Chapter 31: Assaulting curses.

×🥀×

×🥀×

Author's Pov

The cold wind blew away the dried leaves that were scattered around the ground.

Jennie seems to be focused on her training, learning some new combat moves. It was currently five in the morning.

She grips the sword of hers and swings it around imaging an enemy was in front of her and attacked around.

She was particularly good with archery but to really give off an impression she needs to learn how to use all types of weapons.

Her friends were sleeping and the castle was dangerously quiet but the silence helped her focus better so she didn't mind it.

The sound of someone's clapping made her halt in surprise. Her heart almost came out of her mouth.

Turning around, the training ground fell into an indescribable silence. It was the King. The Sapphire's King himself.

But it didn't flatter her even a bit, his presence only made her uncomfortable. She would be lying if she said she was not afraid of him.

He gave her those bad vibes she wanted to forget. Smiling awkwardly and bowing as respect, they both had intense eye contact.

It creeped her out. "Royal Guard Jennie, right?" The fact that he remembered her name was even creepier.

She still nodded. She wouldn't even dare to be disrespectful or anger him since she knew, it was almost a sin here.

"You are training hard I see? I understand that since you are fighting for the throne." He said, approaching her slowly.

He had that weirdly warm smile on his face. She wanted to just run away from there and the fact no one was here made it even scarier.

"Even my son is doing it, I really want him to take over the throne and..uh nevermind." He was obviously boasting about his son.

"But that's not how you swing your sword if you are right-handed and using your right leg as the prominent."

He comes near her and takes away the sword, showing her how to correctly hold her. But her heart was racing fast.

Not because this felt like a romantic movie scene but because this was creepy and uncomfortable.

He was practically hugging her from behind and for the first time in her life she felt like, she was getting assaulted.

No, she didn't want to think like that. Maybe he was genuinely helping her but she didn't feel right in her gut.

Sword's grip wasn't something only the King tried to teach her, Master Yeesung did too but that didn't feel this uncomfortable.

Maybe because she knew Master Heesung was a good guy and only had the intention to teach her but as for the King.