Chapter 9: Powers

×🥀×

×🥀×

Jennie's Pov

Tomorrow was the starting of the new semester in West Word, but today is the Ace ceremony.

To sort all the new students into their group so that they could know about their powers and get their schedules accordingly.

However, this was the most important and scary part of their whole life on Sapphire.

As per your powers, your life is decided, from your occupation to your personality, everything.

I was dead nervous. The other members were trying their best to calm me down.

"Don't worry, I am sure you will get sorted into an amazing group." Rosé spoke.

"Let's get ready, we all need to be there in an hour." Jisoo unnie spoke as she stood up from the dining table. We nodded and headed to our rooms.

Yes, I also got my own room. I was happy for having a bit of privacy however Lisa was the one who just comes into the room without knocking, not as I minded it. Lisa is an amazing company to be with.

I was wearing a plaid skirt with a white shirt and a brown vest on the top. My hair was curled up from down and I finished the look with a few gold jewels that Irene unnie gave me.

The whole academia looks as everyone liked that here.

Even though I just came here, my fashion sense always surprises the girls. I know what will look good with what. Everyone was impressed and I loved it.

"You are looking beautiful unnie," Lisa spoke as she puts on her beret. I smiled and complimented her back. Our eyes fell on Rosé who was eating bread, already ready.

"What? I am hungry!" She whined as she felt both of us looking at her in disbelief.

"We just had breakfast, possie." I spoke calling the blue-head girl with the nickname I gave her. Isn't it cute?

"But I am still hungry!" She said as she snuggles with me.

"Haha fine, let's go now," I spoke, smiling towards the adorable girl.

"Let's go, guys!" Jisoo unnie called out and we went outside. All of us headed towards the school building, many other students were also going wearing similar outfits like us.

"This is so cool!" I complimented the buildings as my eyes notice the beautiful embroidery that was carved on the walls. It was a lot like those castles we see or museums.

Soon enough, they all entered a big hall with hundreds of students inside. "Are there just this many students?" I asked.

Of course, there were hundreds of students but it was still fewer than people I saw in the Elysian hall. "The younger must be in the different hall." I nodded at Jisoo unnie's statement.

We four sat on chairs and faced the front on the stage. It had chairs on the stage like someone chief guests were coming. And yeah, someone sure was coming.

After a long wait, Yea Ji-ssi was the first one to enter. Everyone quietens as she enters and she smiled at all of us, she went to the front.

"My lovely children, please take a seat and keep quiet." She commanded and everyone was settled and it was pin-drop silence. I could sense someone important is coming.

"To start the Ace ceremony, Welcome our King!" The old lady announced. Everyone stood up and clapped while bowing to the just-entered man.

According to me, he wasn't that old more like middle-aged and he had good genes but an attitude-filled smile was on his face. He was wearing a heavy king outfit as I used to see in movies.

The blue embellishments on his costume didn't go unnoticed by me either. His attire was looking like the worth of millions, too beautiful.

The King nodded and sat on the biggest throne on the stage. Yea Ji-ssi continued,

"Now welcome our smartest ministers, Sir Woon-suk!" Another middle-aged man entered.

A bright smile on his face and he was waving to everyone, the students were looking happy seeing him. I could sense he was a good person.

A few others ministers, the principal, and a few more important teachers also joined. After everyone was settled on their beloved chairs the ceremony started on command.

"So let's start this ceremony for the new entries! You need to come here and stand in this and your powers would be outspoken." The old lady explained.

A Elevator-sized box was brought in front. I nervously gulped maybe Jisoo unnie was able to sense it as she hugged me from the side. "Don't worry." I smiled and nodded.

"Please come as your name is called out!" And soon, the sudden cheering started. A lot of claps as someone gets sorted into a group, it was wholesome.

"Jennie Kim!" I halted in surprise and stood up, fear visible on my face. Whispers could be heard as I slowly walk in front.

She doesn't look that confident! Which group do you think she will get into?

Her fashion sense is so good!!

I bet she will go to Blue Fins , she looks like an innocent fish haha!

Don't judge. Let's just wait.

Some were good, some were judging me by my form. I was nervous but I wasn't any coward either. I breathed out as I saw Yea Ji-ssi, she was smiling at me.

"Good luck." She encouraged me and I stepped inside the box. The wooden door closed and I couldn't feel anything but I could hear complete silence from students.

It was killing me.

My chance took more than everyone else or it was just time going painfully slow. My heartbeat was faster, almost abnormal.

I opened my eyes in surprise as I heard loud cheering and clapping outside. The wooden box opened and I could see everyone's eyes on me.

My anxiety was killing me already and these students weren't helping at all. I looked over Yea Ji-ssi and she proudly smiled at me.

"Congratulations Jennie Kim, you are sorted into..." Her sentence was going so slow I couldn't wait any longer, I was nervous as hell, the anxiety was too much for my heart.

"Phoenix Flames!"
__________________________________

Hey, minies!
A sudden chapter for you all~
Jennie unnie is sorted into Phoenix Flames, a fire element!
This chapter was inspired by Pokémon so shout out lmao😂

Love you all,
Jasmine