Chapter 46: Stay with us.

×🥀×

×🥀×

Author's Pov

The town started preparing for the celebration the moment they reached home. It was considered a holiday for everyone and every descendant should be present there.

Today was the party for the New King and Queen of Sapphire. They will go on two years of training to understand royalty and after that, they will take over the throne officially.

Till then, the previous rulers are expected to take care of the kingdom as royals. The Party would start in a few hours from now.

"I can't believe 25 years have passed." Kwon Jiwoon softly whispers as he glances towards their royal bedroom. Yuri smiled warmly looking at her husband.

Though he is a little blunt and over-confident, he still loves her with all his heart. "Don't worry we still have two years to take care of our subjects." She cheerfully explained.

"Subjects? They changed their parties so easily, they were calling that young guy the King the moment he became one!" He complains.

"That's just how it goes. Don't forget we were treated the same when we became the new rulers too." Her husband scoffed but stopped.

"I will miss you my crown!" He cries as he looks at the mirror with the shining and expensive crown on his head for the last time ever.

"You are being too dramatic, honey." He ignored his wife and contained kissing the crown. While Yuri remained worried about her son.

She wishes he will recover soon and would be able to watch this remarkable moment with his family. After all, he would be a retired royal himself.

"You sure you guys want to stay?" The gloomy-looking girl asks her friends to which they eagerly nodded. She wonders why they are still here.

She is a black magic owner, they should be afraid of her. Since the time Jennie has been conscious, she is re-questioning her whole existence.

She shouldn't have been born as a descendant. She wished she lived a normal life, like a normal human. Not some magical bullshit.

It wasn't her natural self anymore. She experienced a near-life-death situation— heck she even died! Obviously, the trauma wanted to catch up on her.

Jennie feels like her friends, no, her family isn't hers anymore. Are they doing this out of sympathy? What's really going on in their mind? Are they in his plan too?

She wonders all these questions as her friends happily pour warm water for her, cut her nice fruits, and talk with her like a normal day.

Like she wasn't going to burn into ashes in a few hours. She finds it suspicious. She can't trust anyone here, not even her friends.