Chapter 57: Defeating your fate.

×🥀×

×🥀×

Jennie's Pov

Me and Irene made our way through the empty hallways. The castle was undeniably quiet considering today was such a big day.

If anything, she looked extremely scared. "Where are we going?" I asked her but she didn't answer, it pissed me off.

I don't want to go if she wouldn't tell me what the problem is. I stopped in my tracks making her turn around, puzzled.

"Why did you stop?" She asked me, I didn't answer. She sighs, understanding why I wasn't cooperating. There is no way I will do whatever she wants without asking.

"See, I have no time to explain. Senior IU asked me to bring you to the library basement." I knitted my eyebrows, still not understanding the situation.

"Irene?" Our heads turned towards the sound. It was Nancy, a sour expression coming right on my face unconsciously.

"Jennie?" She calls me out, I didn't respond just stare at her. Her father is the one who offered my execution, it was obvious she was the one who ordered him.

"I am thankful I found you. We need to go to the throne room now." She suggested, what the hell is going on?

Someone is telling me to go to the basement, one wants me to go to the throne room. But one thing is for sure, they both look equally frightened.

"Why?" I asked them, Irene didn't explain anything to me so I hope at least she will tell me something. I don't want to be the only one who doesn't know anything.

"My father and Seo Yea-Ji both were performing a black magic ritual in the basement, however until we reached there, they have succeeded. Unfortunately, Stephanie- I mean Won-suk's real daughter is the one who is causing disaster in the Palace. Everyone is trying to stop her but considering she is now a black magic owner, we possibly can't stop her but you." She explained.

Everything went over my head, that was for sure. But who is Stephanie? Minister Won-suk had another daughter? Miss. Yea-Ji can use black magic?

I had a lot of questions but sure, it sounded thrilling. How am I supposed to stop her?

"Am I not a black magic owner too? You sure you want to associate with me?" I asked, quite sarcastically.

I am not even ashamed of being a black magic owner anymore. I rather thank my execution because it showed me, my real friends.

The only person I trust is myself. No one else.