CotE: Alter Omake - Self-Test Edition

I. Volume 1 - Kushida Kikyou: An Interesting Fellow

Calm down...

I need to calm down...

I'll think of ways to eliminate her, but that's not the issue right now.

This blond guy keeps on blabbering instead of letting the old lady take the priority seat. The office lady is useless, too. This is honestly just frustrating to watch...

I tried to butt in, but...

"Um, excuse me. I'm sorry that I didn't notice you earlier. Please take my seat instead."

A boy wearing the same school uniform suddenly gave up his seat.

"Oh, is that so, young man? Thank you very much!" The old lady replied with a relieved smile.

Was it to show off? Was he getting annoyed by the commotion, as well? Or was he genuinely kind?

Whatever the answer was, I didn't mind making contact with him.

"Good job on that one. Have you been a step behind, I'd be the one to speak for the poor old lady's sake, you know?" I said with a smile.

"Well, it was my fault for being absent-minded in the first place. I really wouldn't have noticed the old lady if it wasn't for that commotion. You were already standing, right? If I did notice, I might have offered you my seat, too."

"Huh? What's with this guy? We just met and he's already hitting on me?" That's what I would've thought if it weren't for his veritable poker face and dead tone.

"Wow. If it wasn't for your monotone way of speaking, I would've immediately thought you were hitting on me," I chuckled.

Was he the type of guy who'd get flustered by something cute? Would he panic if I put him on the spot?

"I wasn't planning on doing so. I'm sorry if that's how I came off. It only felt natural to me, as a guy, to offer my seat to a girl," he replied.

I can't understand this person at all... What's with these horrible replies...? Is he reading off a badly written script or something?

I could immediately tell that he wasn't the social type. However, his calm demeanor doesn't match up. Those responses could only be brought on by being a try-hard or by panic, but this guy doesn't exude any of them at all.

That said, if he thinks his replies are normal, then he'd really need to work on his social skills. It's like he's trying too hard to sound gentlemanly or something. It's kinda gross.

"Hehe, I see. I'm Kushida Kikyou, by the way. I'm in Class D starting this year. How about you?"

Since we're already here, we might as well go all-in with befriending him.

"I'm Ayanokouji Kiyotaka, also in Class D."

Fate wanted to be funny, I guess. But I guess this wasn't so bad.

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka-- frowzy, monotonous, and bad at small conversations. Those things became apparent during our little exchange. Now that I look at him closely, he was quite the handsome boy. Those features are wasted on his robotic expressions, though.

As far as first impressions go, Ayanokouji-kun was gloomy and ordinary-- the kind of guy that I absolutely despised.

At that time, I still didn't know that he'd be an important person in my life. 

II. Volume 1: Wang Mei-yu - An Extraordinary Fellow