Vol. 3: Chapter 1.3 - Special Test

"Feeling better?" I asked.

"Yeah... I think so," replied Horikita.

"If something's wrong, tell us. There's no need to act all tough on your own."

"I apologize. I initially planned to hold out until it goes away naturally, but I guess seeking help is still the better option. Thank you, Ayanokouji-kun."

Horikita thanked me sincerely.

"Do you want to head back and rest, or are you up to get some air by the bow?" I asked.

"I think we're almost there. It would be bad if I sleep and wake up late."

"Alright, let's go then."

When Horikita and I arrived at the port side of the bow, a lot of the girls in our class immediately approached us.

"Ayanokouji-kun, Horikita-san! This question might be sudden but... are you two dating each other?" asked Rino.

"I saw Ayanokouji-kun visit Horikita-san in the girls' suites earlier. From what it looked like, I think they were sharing a kiss." Ichihashi, the main culprit, addressed us happily.

"Kyah~! How sneaky!"

"They didn't even wait until we got to the island!"

Horikita tugged my shirt nervously. Even she can be overwhelmed by something like this, huh? That's pretty cute of her.

The girls donned knowing smirks after seeing her like that.

"It's a misunderstanding. Horikita and I are not going out," I said.

"Hehh~? Look at how sweet you two look right now. It's alright if you reveal it to everyone, you know?" said Maezono.

"Horikita's actually sick. She wasn't letting me touch her forehead so I restrained her and used my own forehead instead. It's really a misunderstanding. Horikita, show them the receipt."

"H-Here it is..."

Horikita gave me the small plastic bag containing the remaining medicine and the proof of purchase.

"O-Oh... So Horikita-san was actually not feeling well... I hope you're okay," said Ichihashi. "And you didn't kiss, after all?"

"We didn't and we wouldn't. We're not a couple." Horikita nodded slowly to cement our claim.

I expected their excitement to wane down, and it did. However, their smiles didn't let up. After giving back the receipt and telling Horikita to get well, they proceeded to ask about my plans.

"Well then, according to Ayanokouji-kun, no one would get angry if we invite you later, right?" Maezono leaned in close to me.

"Later?"

"At the beach house. We'd like to hang out with you. Is that alright?" she elaborated.

We were scheduled to stay in a luxurious beach house once we reached the island-- a fancy summer lodge if you will. Our luggage will be stuck there for a week. The said summer lodge should be pretty big to house all four classes at once. Or will there be some sort of rotation where some classes will stay on the ship? Well, that's an unnecessary thought right now as I was being asked a question.

"Sure, it's not like I have plans or anything," I answered.

"Great~! We'll see you later then. Bye, Ayanokouji-kun, Horikita-san." The five of them waved at us as they walked towards the starboard side of the ship.

"You alright?" I turned towards the silent Horikita.

"Yeah... I'm glad that the misunderstanding was cleared up." Horikita heaved a sigh of relief.