Vol. 1: Chapter 5.1 - Ally

It's day three of my time here in the Tokyo Metropolitan Advanced Nurturing High School.

The class behaved well during the lessons, and I asked Sudou during lunch once again. This time, we were with Kushida's group. It's a good thing that Sudou isn't acting as obstinately as he would be due to my presence. Kushida and her friends were a bit scared at first, but when I started complimenting Sudou's unexpected gentle nature, he responded to meet those expectations. Everything seems to be going well for him... at least for now.

After our afternoon periods, Sudou hurriedly ran to his club.

"Later, Ayanokouji!" He waved his hand at me.

"Yeah. Good luck." I waved my hand in response.

"You've been getting along really well with Sudou-kun, huh?" commented Horikita.

"Don't suddenly appear behind me," I replied.

"I have something important to talk to you about." She went straight to the point.

"Sure. Let's go to my room then." I grabbed my bag and started walking outside.

"Uhm, Horikita-san. Can I talk to Ayanokouji-kun for a second?" Kushida ran up to me and asked.

"You don't need to ask for my permission. I'm not his owner." Horikita replied with quite the venomous tone.

"Okay... Ayanokouji-kun, is it alright?" Kushida turned to me. Wait, so I'm a second priority?

"Sure, is everything alright?" I said.

Kushida leaned in at whisper-distance. W-Woah... She smells nice...

"Are you close friends with Horikita-san?" she asked.

"Not really. We're just neighbors," I answered straight.

"Well, you see. My goal was to be everyone's friend, right? Horikita-san refused to be my friend and said she didn't want my contact info..." said Kushida, with a melancholic smile.

"You want me to be a middleman between you guys?" At least, I think that's what she's getting at.

"Yes! Exactly! Is it alright, Ayanokouji-kun?" Knowing Horikita, she might not like it. Do I need to refuse and take on the heart of a demon?

"I'll try my best," I replied on reflex. How can I refuse when you have such a cute expression?

"Thanks! Well then, I'll contact you later so we can talk about our plan of action." Kushida waved her hand goodbye. Right now, I can say that I am a happy man.

That's weird... I can feel a lot of looks towards Horikita and me. There were definitely boys among them, but most were girls...

I quickly messaged Hirata. I pressed the send button the moment we reached the hallways.

(14:32) [Why were our classmates staring at the two of us?]

Not even ten seconds passed before Hirata finally replied.

(14:32) [Apparently, a lot of the girls in our class were wondering if you and Horikita-san are dating each other.]

(14:32) [I see.]
(14:32) [Well, we're not, but that's for them to confirm. Thanks, Hirata.]

(14:32) [No problem.]
(14:32) [See you tomorrow, Ayanokouji-kun.]

Sigh... It was like that, after all.

"Do you want to start talking while we walk?" I suggested.

"I prefer to talk about my topics when we get to your room. However, I'm fine with engaging in idle talk, as long as they aren't pointless." Not pointless? Isn't that idle talk by nature...?