Vol. 3: Chapter 3.2 - Troublesome Guy

"Are you choosing this place as your base camp?" asked Chabashira-sensei.

"Yes," replied Hirata.

"Alright," she nodded. "We'll hold the roll call in this place later at 8 PM. Please be on time."

"We understand, Sensei."

After placing our things on the ground, I asked for everyone's attention once more. Hirata and Karuizawa gathered our classmates effortlessly, indicating their positions as the class's other leaders.

"I would like to distribute tasks to everyone. I know some of you aren't used to this yet, so feel free to tell me if you disagree with anything. I'll do my best to compromise."

"Uhm, Ayanokouji-kun, what will you do about the toilet?" Shinohara asked timidly.

"Don't worry about that. According to the manual, we can install temporary toilets. They'll cost 20 points each," I answered.

The girls visibly sighed in relief.

"Don't you think spending 20 points for a toilet is too much? The same goes for other things. We can probably find food on our own, and water won't be a problem with the river here." Yamauchi spoke with reason.

A lot of the boys agreed with his opinion. I'm impressed with his perfectly logical idea which would save us points. The girls started to panic in response. They looked at me with pleading expressions, seemingly asking for help.

Matsushita and Nishimura didn't wait for my response. They decided to debate with Yamauchi on this one.

"No. If you haven't caught up yet, this test isn't about saving up all of our points. That strategy is just not realistic. This is especially true for sanitation. In my honest opinion, this test is all about using our points effectively. Our goal is to get by using the least amount of points possible. However, spending is inevitable," Nishimura explained.

"Won't we get ahead if we restrain ourselves as much as we can?" Yukimura asked, supporting Yamauchi's initial statement.

"Yes, but it's too risky. If the health of our classmates starts deteriorating, our suffering will be all for naught," replied Matsushita.

"It's not just for their physical well-being, too, Yukimura-kun. Using a faulty toilet will build up stress and anxiety for everyone. I support Ayanokouji-kun's decision to buy a good one." Hirata joined the conversation to back us up.

"We'll set a goal. I want us to have at least 150 points remaining by the end of the exam," I said.

"150? You're planning to spend half of our points?"

"Isn't that a little too much, though?"

A lot of the boys voiced out their doubts.

"Well, from a realistic standpoint, I think it's already plenty. Remember, we'll be here for a whole week," I explained.

Kikyou, Karuizawa, and Hirata agreed with most of my suggestions. In the end, I managed to convince everyone by promising that there will be no unnecessary spending. Class B had come to an agreement.

After asking for one temporary toilet, I also ordered a bunch of blue vinyl bags. I think I asked for too much, but that's also part of my plan.

"Firstly, I would like the boys to set up the tents. And then, we will order a bunch of fishing rods to hunt for food."

"Can anyone here even fish?" asked Karuizawa.

"I know how! You can leave it to me, Ayanokouji. I'll teach anyone who's assigned with me." Ike raised his hand with a grin.