Vol. 1: Chapter 3.3 - Class D's Foundation

Horikita was beautiful. Even if she didn't socialize during the first day, her appearance alone garnered quite the attention. It was even more so when she got involved in the conversation with me during the 'information purchase' yesterday. That's why the anticipation of the whole class was understandable.

"I'm Horikita Suzune. Nice to meet you." As cold as ice and as cool as a zephyr, Horikita ended her introduction with two short sentences.

Our classmates were nothing short of confused. After making eye contact with him...

"Alright, let's proceed..." Hirata continued facilitating the introduction.

"You really sent that home, didn't you?" I commented.

"I did what you want. You'll pay for this later." Horikita replied with a terrifying glower.

And now I'm the one who's getting threatened... explicitly. I expected her to loathe events like these, but I didn't think she'd detest them that much. Well, her anger is reasonable. I'll just explain myself later.

It wasn't long until all thirty-nine of us finished our introductions. With Kushida and Hirata taking the lead, everything panned out seamlessly. After the hard-fought self-introduction of Sakura, it was finally time to move on. Now, the last person to introduce himself was none other than Sudou Ken.

"Sudou, it's your turn now," I called with a bit of volume.

"Hah? Why should I? I'm not a child anymore," grumbled Sudou.

Of course, the class wouldn't know how to react if he says things like this.

"Ah, well. There's really no harm in telling us anything about yourself, right? As your friend, I'm really interested in your hobbies. First of all, you're really tall. And even I can tell that your body is well-built. I'm sure everyone in the class is curious," I answered.

"What? Leave me alone..." Sudou was a bit surprised and shaken. However, the previous anger on his face was slowly disappearing. Good. It's your turn.

"That's right, Sudou-kun. I've always wondered if you played any sport. Do you mind telling us what you do for fun?" Kushida asked with her all-too-powerful angelic smile.

"Your hair looks slick too, by the way," Onodera added, pointing a finger on the side of her hair.

A bunch of girls on Kushida's friend group murmured as if they were interested in what Sudou had to say. Sudou was probably not used to positive attention. Without a doubt, he would feel good about this.

"Hnnng-! How is Sudou getting attention from all the girls?!" protested Ike.

"You lucky bastard!" Yamauchi tagged along, as usual.

Ike and Yamauchi's disgruntled noises were blessings in disguise. They would only serve to boost Sudou's ego more.

"W-Well... If all of you really insist, then fine..." Sudou finally cracked.

"You can do it!" Kushida continued to cheer along with her friends.

"My name is Sudou Ken. I've played basketball since elementary school and I'm planning to continue playing here. Nice to meet you." Sudou said with a slightly flustered expression on his face.

"Ohh... Basketball, huh?" Okitani murmured.

"We have a soccer star, and now a basketball star?" commented Mori.

"Is Class D actually a powerhouse?" Karuizawa did the same.

Sudou awkwardly scratched his head while sitting down.