Vol. 1: Chapter 16.2 - Looking Back

I arrived at the classroom and found that there were still very few people.

"Good morning, Ayanokouji-kun," Hirata greeted.

"Good morning, Hirata," I replied.

Azuma, Ishikura, and Mii-chan also greeted me.

When I sat down on my chair, the calm and collected Horikita closed her book and faced me.

"So, what's with your message last night?" she asked.

"Hmm, the reason why I wanted you to accompany me was so I didn't have to explain too much. But it wouldn't be fair for you if I don't say anything."

"It's alright if you just give me the gist of what you're planning," she sighed.

"Frankly speaking, I think I found a trick for everyone to get a perfect score in the exam."

Hearing my words, Horikita's eyes instantly narrowed.

"What-? You can't possibly be talking about cheating, right?" Horikita asked with a perplexed expression.

"No, I don't think so. You'll see later."

"Just what in the world are you going to..." Horikita stared at me before pondering what I said.

When lunchtime arrived, Horikita and I went to the cafeteria without attracting too much attention.

Seeing me eyeing the people in line, Horikita probably wanted to ask some questions, but since I made it clear to her that explanations will come later, she just kept observing me.

When I saw the perfect target, I immediately followed them to their table. I sat beside him without warning and Horikita sat across the two of us.

"Good afternoon, Senpai. Do you mind if we ask you something?" I said.

"What the-? Who the hell are you guys?" He slightly flinched in surprise.

"I'm Ayanokouji from Class 1-B. Senpai, are you a second-year, or a third-year?" I asked.

He regained his composure shortly after hearing my introduction. Not only that, but he also seemed to be expecting us to be first-years.

"Third-year," he answered. "What do you want?"

"You're from Class D, aren't you, Senpai?"

"Yeah, so what?" He glared at me.

Horikita seemed surprised about me correctly guessing his class, but after a few seconds, she finally figured it out.

"Don't worry, Senpai. We're only here to offer you a sweet deal," I said.

"A sweet deal?" He raised an eyebrow.

Since everyone was minding their own businesses in the crowded cafeteria, my voice was drowned out by the noisy conversations of the students.

"The test questions for the midterm exams during the first semester of your first year-- do you still have them? Or if you don't, do you at least know anyone who does?"

At this point, even Horikita stared at me in shock.

"Do you even understand what you're asking from me?" he replied with a question.

"Of course, I do. I don't think this kind of method would be considered cheating. We just want to use those old test questions for 'study purposes'."

"Why are you asking me?"

"Nothing special. I just thought you'd be easier to negotiate with since you look like you're struggling with your points. I can give you some points in exchange for those test questions." I said looking at his free vegetable lunch set.