Vol. 2: Chapter 5.1 - Scheme

"Miyamoto, Hondou, can I talk to you guys for a bit?" I asked.

"Hm? Ayanokouji?"

"Sure, what's it about?"

I've been closely involved whenever Ike and Yamauchi brag about their progress with the Class D girls. Though they rarely hung out during breaks, Kinoshita and Manabe were steadily getting closer to them. Or at least that's what they told us.

I led Miyamoto and Hondou to a pretty unimposing part of the building. Students who'd pass by could easily spot us, but our position made it so that eavesdropping would be impossible.

"Alright, I'll need your help." I got straight to the point.

"Huh?" Hondou tilted his head.

"This is about Ike and Yamauchi, right?" asked Miyamoto.

"Yeah, both of you are still skeptical about Kinoshita-san and Manabe-san. right? To be honest, I'm the same. Of course, I hope I'm wrong, but we can never be too careful."

"Heh, I knew you were in doubt too, Ayanokouji. There's no way that you, of all people, will let this obvious bait slide," Miyamoto shrugged haughtily.

"Hmm... I think I understand, but what can we do, at this point? We should've stopped them as early as Monday?" asked Hondou. "It's Friday now. Those two would cease at nothing just to get a girlfriend."

"No... If my instinct serves me well, Kinoshita-san and Manabe-san will confess either on the weekend, or next week."

"Huh?! Confess?" Hondou flinched after realizing the amount of noise he made. "E-Eherm. Sorry... Anyway, I'd believe it if you said that those two will be the ones who'll confess... But Kinoshita-san and Manabe-san...?"

"Yeah... We've hung out with them and their friends a few times, and to be honest, I can notice their disinterest and disgust sometimes," added Miyamoto.

"Then, isn't that more proof? Remember, we're under the impression that they're just baiting Ike and Yamauchi. To be honest, one week should've been more than enough to make a fake confession believable. If they're really disgusted on the inside, wouldn't they want everything to end quickly?" I explained.

"-And execute their plan as soon as they can, huh? You say that, but do you even know what their plan is, exactly?" asked Hondou.

"Of course not," I shrugged. "But I have a few ideas. Firstly, they might just be trying to make fun of Ike and Yamauchi. It's messed up, but harmless in the grand scheme of things. I wouldn't be too worried if that's the case... But what if they frame them about doing something that they didn't do?"

"Hey, hey... That's some hardcore shit, Ayanokouji. You really think they'd do that?" Miyamoto was surprised by my words.

"Remember what they tried to do with Ken."

"Wait... Look at from this angle, Soshi. It would be sad if Kanji and Haruki were just getting pranked... But Imagine if they get framed for committing sexual assault or something? It won't just cause damage to them, personally. The class might also get affected," Hondou mused nervously.

"Oi, they might even get expelled if that happens, right?" Miyamoto finally panicked a little.

"You can see the gravity of the situation now, don't you? Remember how crafty their plan was with Ken, right? Not to mention the amount of class points they made Class C drop."

"Damn... Class D is pretty wicked."

"So, what do we need to do, Ayanokouji?"

"Keep yourselves updated on Ike and Yamauchi's actions. If a confession is set in stone, find out the details, specifically, the time and place," I instructed. "If the location is good enough where you can eavesdrop without getting caught, you'll use your phones to record whatever you'll hear. Of course, if it a normal confession, you can just leave them alone continue with your day."